The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (26/863) > >>

wheelr:

--- Quote from: Zombie!;2865949 ---Rifles are free game then?

goddamn I need to learn me some laws.
--- End quote ---

18 to buy shotguns and rifles.

mutinous:

--- Quote from: snickers;2808769 ---no guns needed here just some brute force.
--- End quote ---

Man, the only time Ive ever been shot out was out there. Last spring on a geology field trip. Had the professor not been a badass miner we could have been a few seats short on the ride home.

el ocho:
I picked up a Ruger P89 not too long ago. Everything I've read about it has been good besides the inherent looks of the gun. While I can understand the need of people having a gun for home protection, I won't do so until the gun is second nature to me. Too many people don't think about what is behind their target, even in the field.

Van Allen:

--- Quote from: that1duder7812;2808447 ---yeah but you should be allowed to own one and keep it at your house, its the 2nd ammendment.
--- End quote ---

back when it was made, when the threat of someone breaking in or taking over your land was imminent.

the second ammendment is bullshit in today's society.

instead, I'd support profiling when it comes to selling weapons. I realize you get a background check, but if the person looks like they should not own a gun, it should be perfectly legal for the shop to tell them to eff-o.

guns are cool though, if your not a retard then little can go wrong, but its the fact that people think they are safe just because they have the safety on/locked up, etc. For gun death stats, most are just people trying to get what they want, very rarely is a child killed because they found daddy's gun.

that said, there are several reasons why I would rather live in the US:

near the top of my list is a Desert Eagle.

Hank Chinaski:

--- Quote from: Van Allen;2865994 ---back when it was made, when the threat of someone breaking in or taking over your land was imminent.

the second ammendment is bullshit in today's society.
--- End quote ---

Thats not true.  When we became a country there were nice communities.  It wasnt as if it was anarchy everywhere and people were coming into each others houses and taking over.  Today we live in America, and like it or not, bad people have access to firearms.  So as I see it, I can either have one and be responsible with it or possibly suffer the consequences however unlikely.  I would never want to use it, Im not hoping someone will break into my house.  Its a last resort.  Unfortunately there are alot of stupid people who also buy guns which doesnt make me feel any safer without one.

--- Quote from: el ocho;2865973 ---I picked up a Ruger P89 not too long ago. Everything I've read about it has been good besides the inherent looks of the gun. While I can understand the need of people having a gun for home protection, I won't do so until the gun is second nature to me. Too many people don't think about what is behind their target, even in the field.
--- End quote ---

true but they do make frangible rounds.  As long as the other guy doesnt have a gun or try to attack you, you can just point the thing at him and he will get the fuck out.  I just picked up a nice Baby Eagle in .45 a couple weeks ago.  Ive kinda been having buyer's remorse after seeing the selection of used Sig's at this new store I found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version