The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (29/863) > >>

Hank Chinaski:

--- Quote from: wheelr;2866074 ---One thing I really like about firearms is they hold their value for the most part.  As long as it isn't some generic piece of junk you can sell it for about what you have in to it.  My long gun I bought a couple years ago is now selling for two to three hundred bucks more than what I payed.
--- End quote ---

Alot of that is because of Obama.  People are so scared he's going to take away guns, prices are through the roof.  The gun I just bought was 150 bucks less 18 months ago and thats pretty consistent across the board it seems.  I just went to a gun show recently and previously theres been a good turnout but this time, it was back to back and the line was about 100 yards long.  People are paranoid as hell right now.  What also sucks is that dealers are less likely to give breaks on prices right now because theres such demand.  I heard alot of the dealers talking about how this is the biggest rush they've seen in memory.

edit:  I was also going to remark on the efficient comment.  Care to elaborate?  Revolvers are extremely simple and efficient.  So many pistols for home defense are DAO now anyways so its not that much different to shoot.  You can just do alot more with a semi-auto and to many theyre more comfortable.  I personally love revolvers and think theyre a blast to shoot.  My .357 mag is the most accurate gun I have.

dirtJumper35:

--- Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866261 ---

Revolvers are extremely simple and efficient.

You can just do alot more with a semi-auto and to many theyre more comfortable.  

I personally love revolvers and think theyre a blast to shoot.
--- End quote ---

All 3 of those statements are what I would have to say. I'm didn't mean for it to sound like a was scoffing at revolvers. It's just apparent that they don't perform/handle as well as semiauto handguns, because handgun companies produce more semiauto than revolver these days.

Rick James:

--- Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866261 ---Alot of that is because of Obama.  People are so scared he's going to take away guns, prices are through the roof.  The gun I just bought was 150 bucks less 18 months ago and thats pretty consistent across the board it seems.  I just went to a gun show recently and previously theres been a good turnout but this time, it was back to back and the line was about 100 yards long.  People are paranoid as hell right now.  What also sucks is that dealers are less likely to give breaks on prices right now because theres such demand.  I heard alot of the dealers talking about how this is the biggest rush they've seen in memory.
--- End quote ---

Yup.  I just went to one last month and there were a ton of people looking at AR-15's and the like.  The main reason I even went was because my brother-in-law was looking to get one himself.  People are definitely scared.

wheelr:

--- Quote from: Hank Chinaski;2866261 ---Alot of that is because of Obama.  People are so scared he's going to take away guns, prices are through the roof.  The gun I just bought was 150 bucks less 18 months ago and thats pretty consistent across the board it seems.  I just went to a gun show recently and previously theres been a good turnout but this time, it was back to back and the line was about 100 yards long.  People are paranoid as hell right now.  What also sucks is that dealers are less likely to give breaks on prices right now because theres such demand.  I heard alot of the dealers talking about how this is the biggest rush they've seen in memory.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's why I bought my XDM a few months back.  It can hold 16+1 rounds which may be illegal if another Assault Weapons Ban is passed.  It's also why I stocked up on 20 round mags for my M1A.

Speaking of...my two free XDM mags should be coming any day now from Springfield.  I need to find some more for my rifle though.

eazy_tom:

--- Quote from: dirtJumper35;2866258 ---I dont want it because it is "efficient". I want to shoot one because it would be a blast.
--- End quote ---

Well that's a different story, and I agree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version