The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (45/863) > >>

paulie:

--- Quote from: callum;2887777 --- As it is Americans seem to be living in fear of getting shot, so you get a gun.

--- End quote ---

well, obviously. but banning them won't make any difference, it's a pretty lawless country in places, allot worse than the uk. plus look at the size of the place... there's plenty of nutty militia types who'd form small army's in the woods to protect their right to bear arms. if i lived in the sates i'd defo have a gun at home, in the same way i have a double lock on my front door in the uk.

--- Quote from: callum;2887777 ---
I'm glad guns are illegal in the uk.
--- End quote ---

not all guns are illegal, several of my friends have shotguns and all the required permits. hell, one of my mates is a gunsmith!

dellian:
half of my street probably own shotguns/rifles for hunting and general recreational puroses, nothing too unusual considering i'm pretty much living in the sticks at the moment.

el ocho:

--- Quote from: dellian;2889021 ---half of my street probably own shotguns and rifles for hunting and general recreational puroses, nothing too unusual considering i'm pretty much living in the sticks at the moment.
--- End quote ---

I think that's one of the more overlooked aspects of gun culture in the United States. A fair portion of people are recreational hunters, much like there are in other parts of the world. The only problem is for every person who might own a shotgun for bird hunting, there is someone who believes that a crime will be committed because of it. I would be inclined to say that the media plays a hand in it, but that would be an over generalization.

Jens M:

--- Quote from: wheelr;2888107 ---Target shooting, hunting, self-defense.

Going out and blasting off a few rounds is amazingly therapeutic.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, target shooting I get. Huting with a magnum or m4a1, I don't buy that.

"Self defence" is so American, haha. Were I live I don't need to defend myself :)

JasonJones:

--- Quote from: Jens M;2889025 ---Yeah, target shooting I get. Huting with a magnum or m4a1, I don't buy that.

"Self defence" is so American, haha. Were I live I don't need to defend myself :)
--- End quote ---

Self defense isn't American, it's human nature.
We've just taken it to another level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version