The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (838/863) > >>

brian itzaina:

--- Quote from: bouncehouse420 on November 26, 2013, 09:07:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: B.B.Rodriguez on November 26, 2013, 03:42:12 PM ---If you travel in ca. with a firearm make sure it is locked in a gun case, empty and stored in the trunk or bed of your car or truck..store your ammo and the firearm in seperate parts of the vehicle..ie gun in the trunk locked ammo in the cab locked. In other words make it as hard as possible for you to grab, load and fire the firearm as possible from the vehicle.

--- End quote ---

transporting ammo separate is not necessary. also if its in a locked case and unloaded it can be anywhere in the vehicle. long guns only need to be locked in in gfsz. mags can be loaded just not inserted into firearm.

--- End quote ---

So if my gun case is locked I can have the spare magazine loaded in the same case correct? I keep getting different answers from different people/places.
To play it safe I keep my glock unloaded with the empty spare mag in a pelican case padlocked, my 357 with a cable lock through the cylinder and no ammo in a soft zipper case with no padlock and all my ammo in an ammo case padlocked. Then I load it all into the same bag and bungee it around my sissy bar.

bouncehouse420:

--- Quote from: brian itzaina on November 27, 2013, 11:31:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: bouncehouse420 on November 26, 2013, 09:07:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: B.B.Rodriguez on November 26, 2013, 03:42:12 PM ---If you travel in ca. with a firearm make sure it is locked in a gun case, empty and stored in the trunk or bed of your car or truck..store your ammo and the firearm in seperate parts of the vehicle..ie gun in the trunk locked ammo in the cab locked. In other words make it as hard as possible for you to grab, load and fire the firearm as possible from the vehicle.

--- End quote ---

transporting ammo separate is not necessary. also if its in a locked case and unloaded it can be anywhere in the vehicle. long guns only need to be locked in in gfsz. mags can be loaded just not inserted into firearm.

--- End quote ---

So if my gun case is locked I can have the spare magazine loaded in the same case correct? I keep getting different answers from different people/places.
To play it safe I keep my glock unloaded with the empty spare mag in a pelican case padlocked, my 357 with a cable lock through the cylinder and no ammo in a soft zipper case with no padlock and all my ammo in an ammo case padlocked. Then I load it all into the same bag and bungee it around my sissy bar.

--- End quote ---

Correct you can have loaded mags in the same locked container as the handgun as long as they are not inserted into the magwell. for some reason the gun shops like to tell you mags have to be empty and ammo has to be seperate. Legally you do not.  It may be a good idea though just because most cops don't seem to very well versed on the actual laws. Keeping it all seperate would eliminate any doubts

sokoloka:

--- Quote from: yacqueli on November 24, 2013, 11:34:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: bouncehouse420 on November 23, 2013, 10:13:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: master on November 23, 2013, 01:25:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: Billy on November 23, 2013, 01:17:44 PM ---Yeah that dude with a Mac 10 or something his name starts with  Y.. look through this thread and you will see him. I think you know him so maybe he's a no go..

--- End quote ---

Yacqueli, he hasn't been on in a few months.

--- End quote ---

pretty sure hes not.... im also pretty sure TheHouseProduct is

--- End quote ---

Im not a FFL. I have someone who Gives me the same benefits of having a FFL. House products is a FFL here in orange county.. Where are you located? my guy is in Tehachapi if that is closer to you then I can PM you his info.

--- End quote ---

I'm in North County SD (Carlsbad to be specific).  Send me some deets if you can please!  Worst case I'll run a search on GB's FFL list.

sokoloka:
Just shot a PM to TheHouseProduct.  Hope to hear back from him soon!

Cat Daddy V.2.0:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version