The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (841/863) > >>

Cat Daddy V.2.0:
500, 590, or 590a1 Though the a1 may be a bit more.
Remmington has been having QC issues even on there police models. Not to say Mossberg hasn't but I haven't seen as much problems with them nor personal (well seeing a friend) run into issues. It's often something as simple as polishing the bore though.

Forego the PG. No joke. They are just silly, even if he wants a 'tactical' gun a pg doesn't do it. If he really wants a PG consider getting something like a speed feed tactical stock set.

sokoloka:
Save $120 more and get a 590a1 from your nearest Turners. I've got two, great guns.
Mossberg slide release and safety can be worked without removing your hand from the fire control group, can't say the same about Remingtons.

Agree with Cat Daddy - skip the pistol grip. In my opinion they actually reduce the functionality of the gun.

Get him a Mesa Tactical side saddle as a later gift if he wants to get all tacticool with it.

barcodebilly:
Thanks for the info man I'm not sure I want to spend that much. I'll probably skip the pistol grip then

Dan:
Built this a few months ago. Mostly PSA parts with a few changes.

master:

--- Quote from: Billy on December 20, 2013, 12:05:59 AM ---Looking at buying my dad a shotgun for Christmas. My budget is $400 maybe 450.. Mossberg 500 or Remington 870? Any other suggestions? He wants to be tacticool with a pistol grip and shit but the fixed stock? law is ruining the vibe of that lol. If you had to get your dad a gun and were only 18 with $400 what would you buy?

--- End quote ---

I'm a Mossy 500 fan myself, the ergonomics make more sense to me. And I can also confirm that newer 870s have been having some QC issues.

I also agree that a pistol grip just looks cool on a 12ga, but makes it harder to shoot. Straight stock for me all day long.

That being said... the new Magpul furniture is pretty cool on 500s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version