The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (851/863) > >>

Macaroni Sandwich:

--- Quote from: Rick James on April 24, 2014, 10:10:14 PM ---If the farthest you can realistically shoot is 500 yards then I would just stick with .223/5.56. It will be more  than adequate at those distances and being cheaper to shoot definitely doesn't hurt.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but I still kind of want a 308 anyway. Even if not practical, will be more fun. :)

I've not even properly sighted in my AR anyhow. I just completed the build a month or so ago. Because of my work schedule I could never get to the LGS in time to get ammo there, so was going to Wal-Mart after dark to get ammo. All they had there was $35, 20rd boxes of match grade Winchester .223. Due to the price I only bought 60 rounds there and used those to break the gun in. Shoot a few rounds, clean. Shoot a few rounds, clean. After that I said fuck it and just started shooting. Finally got to the LGS a couple weekends ago and they had $8, 20rd boxes of PMC x-tac 5.56 so got some of those. I'll get it sighted in once I go to a proper range and aren't just shooting logs in the woods.

Cellmember:
I'm loving this thread, I wish guns were legal in Aus, its a fucking joke, we can't even have a god damn decent laser light/pointer let alone a BB gun.

Hank Chinaski:
Thoughts on less than lethal ammos? Just moved to an area where thefts can be a problem and I don't think people should die for stealing. Anything for 12 gauge that would fuck someone up but isn't buckshot? I thought about buying a taser but seems too much risk of it not connecting well, etc.

Dan:

--- Quote from: Hank Chinaski on May 11, 2014, 12:08:34 PM ---Thoughts on less than lethal ammos? Just moved to an area where thefts can be a problem and I don't think people should die for stealing. Anything for 12 gauge that would fuck someone up but isn't buckshot? I thought about buying a taser but seems too much risk of it not connecting well, etc.

--- End quote ---

Its hard to decifer if an intruder's only intention is theft. Taking the time to figure that out could have deadly consequences. Although, I don't advise a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach. In the event of an intruder in your home, call the police and arm yourself while barricading yourself in a room or defend a choke point. Make the individual aware that the police are on the way and you're armed. But whatever you do though, don't take Joe Biden's advice.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/robert-farago/self-defense-tip-dont-shoot-less-lethal-rounds/

Rick James:

--- Quote from: Dan on May 11, 2014, 02:00:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hank Chinaski on May 11, 2014, 12:08:34 PM ---Thoughts on less than lethal ammos? Just moved to an area where thefts can be a problem and I don't think people should die for stealing. Anything for 12 gauge that would fuck someone up but isn't buckshot? I thought about buying a taser but seems too much risk of it not connecting well, etc.

--- End quote ---

Its hard to decifer if an intruder's only intention is theft. Taking the time to figure that out could have deadly consequences. Although, I don't advise a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach. In the event of an intruder in your home, call the police and arm yourself while barricading yourself in a room or defend a choke point. Make the individual aware that the police are on the way and you're armed. But whatever you do though, don't take Joe Biden's advice.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/robert-farago/self-defense-tip-dont-shoot-less-lethal-rounds/

--- End quote ---

I'd have to agree with this 100%, and especially the part about barricading yourself in a room while letting them know you're armed. It's also a good idea to let the 911 operator hear you give the intruder that warning as well. If they advance towards you after that then their intentions become more clear and you should be justified in whatever you need to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version