The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (11/863) > >>

dstrctn:

--- Quote from: fit.life;2808437 ---makes the 11 gauge look like a cap pistol.
--- End quote ---

You dont seem to understand the concept of gauges.

wheelr:
For self defense I recommend a 12 gauge SBS or a handgun in either 9mm, .40, or .45.

I just bought a .40 XDM and its a great gun.  I have about 300 rounds through it with no failures and a friend has about 600 rounds through an original XD with the same results.

I keep Federal HST rounds loaded in the handgun.  Great combo of expansion and penetration.  If you go the shotgun route you should shoot buckshot.

Whatever you do, go out and practice with your weapon until shooting becomes second nature.

oceanblow:

--- Quote from: dstrctn;2808565 ---You dont seem to understand the concept of gauges.
--- End quote ---

its just like for my piercing....  right???

--- Quote ---For self defense I recommend a 12 gauge SBS or a handgun in either 9mm, .40, or .45.
--- End quote ---
.40 and .45 would be too big for simple self defense, where a .38 or even a .22 could do enough damage to get the message across.  I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't wanna kill a guy

Odd little note:
.22 ammo is preferred for assassinations because it doesn't have enough power to exit a head wound, but reflect and bounce around inside the skull, mushin the brains.  This is what I get for working with a soldier

wheelr:
Sorry, those are the most popular rounds for self-defense.

Shooting anything besides rats or squirrels with a .22 is silly.  The .38 isn't a bad round though.

Grunge_Troll:
Personally, I would go for a gun that you could use for self defense and is fun to use for recreation, like going to the range or taking it out in the woods.  A snub .38 would be great to keep in the bedside drawer or hidden in a jacket, but it would get old pretty fast using it for anything besides just screwing around at close range.

I have a .357 Magnum, and it is a blast to shoot.  While I've never considered it a self-defense weapon, they have moderate power, accuracy, and handling and are supposed to be a pretty good "combat" weapon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version