The Street > The Lounge

Post Your Guns

<< < (12/863) > >>

Grunge_Troll:

--- Quote from: oceanblow;2808577 ---
Odd little note:
.22 ammo is preferred for assassinations because it doesn't have enough power to exit a head wound, but reflect and bounce around inside the skull, mushin the brains.  This is what I get for working with a soldier
--- End quote ---

Read the same thing in a Tom Clancy novel ages ago.

bluebmx:
if you have it locked up what good is it?
keep it in your bed side table.

as for size, a 9mm or 38 would be good.

sub50hz:

--- Quote from: wheelr;2808586 ---Sorry, those are the most popular rounds for self-defense.

Shooting anything besides rats or squirrels with a .22 is silly.  The .38 isn't a bad round though.
--- End quote ---

Actually, a well-placed .22 round can do a TON of internal damage. Lots of city medics/emts are well aware of this.

But, I know what you're saying, and that's why I keep the .40 within reach at home, and the .45 not much farther away.

chaz:

--- Quote ---I just bought a .40 XDM and its a great gun.
--- End quote ---

Jealous. I used to have an XD45 and the new XDMs look even better. So sick. I have a 9mm M&P I bought before they had the XDMs, but now I wish I had waited and bought an XDM.

--- Quote ---.40 and .45 would be too big for simple self defense
--- End quote ---
no, but if you are a wimp/woman/have small hands/don't practice a lot, a .45 might have a lot of recoil.

--- Quote ---I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't wanna kill a guy
--- End quote ---
You generally don't shoot at people you don't want to kill.

wheelr:

--- Quote from: Fear.;2808593 ---Actually, a well-placed .22 round can do a TON of internal damage. Lots of city medics/emts are well aware of this.

But, I know what you're saying, and that's why I keep the .40 within reach at home, and the .45 not much farther away.
--- End quote ---

Of course a .22 can do damage.  Everyone's heard how they just bounce around inside someone and tear them up.

I'd never consider my .22 a self defense weapon though.  Like you, if I need something I'm going to grab my .40.  If I need something more I have an m1a.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version