Others > Non-riding Photo/Video/Multimedia Forum

Post Your Photo Setup [V4]

<< < (104/107) > >>

austrian:
nice selection!

Before getting the 85 afs, think about the sigma 85.
I had the old nikon 1.8 before and have never been really happy with it, so I was in the market for a better 85 this summer, thought about getting the nikon but I ended up with the sigma. even a used like-new version.
One of my most favourite lenses by far. And I'm really picky. Used it on about 8 weddings, portrait jobs, everything. Has never failed on my. Super fast AF, sharp, feels good in the hand. To sum it up, one of my best lenses. And way cheaper than the nikon.

rrose:
New camera. Got it for 8 bucks yesterday.

MilkyWilky:

--- Quote from: Brendan O. on July 13, 2013, 08:28:18 AM ---I got my Sony RX100 stolen in China, and the RX100-II just came out last week so I got that instead.

It's basically the same thing but has screen that can tilt, hotshoe for optional electronic viewfinder (Sony's one is way too expensive, waiting for some other brand to jump in), a slightly better sensor and it has wifi. That last thing seemed a bit obsolete at first but actually it's really cool to be able to use my ipod touch as a a wireless remote (with liveview!). The camera creates it's own network which you than can join with any mobile device so you can even use it out in the jungle. I will see how much I will actually use that...

--- End quote ---

The new RX-100 mark3 is out now. In addition to a little more tilt on the screen, it's relocated the flash for a digital viewfinder (not many of these cameras come with this) The shooting is pretty similar except the lens has traded some telephoto range for more macro.

It's great for me because I will use it mainly for shooting product design projects and work, as well as on my travels, and taking pictures of people. Used to think I would be a DSLR man, then maybe a mirrorless interchangable lens, but then I saw the functionaity of this thing, and the image quality! Really really impressed in low light, great for creatures of the night.

The wifi feature is dope, which has elevated my instagram game to superman status (2 new followers in 2 weeks) but I have to imagine I'm gonna want to poke my fucking eyes out when I uncover the number of duplicates.

Love it though really, and I will be making some attempt to put the best photos from my west coast road trip next week on my instagram. @milkywilky if you want to see what up.

ImNick:
Do you work for Sony?

jaythomas:
would buy one in a second if i had the $$$$

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version