The Street > The Lounge

I'm gonna be a daddy!

<< < (13/26) > >>

DJJB!:

--- Quote from: G;3214396 ---Congratulations.

Impressed that you went with a home birth after a C section... Both ours were born at home too, its the way it should be, hospital is for ill/injured people....

:)
G.
--- End quote ---

A home birth would give me the chills. What if something does go wrong (wrapped around umbilical cord...). Then you are pretty screwed. Id like to go to the hospital just for the sense of security.

wheelr:
Don't forget to take a bite of the afterbirth for good luck.  It's an age old tradition.

dalton_bmx:
heck yeah man congrats get your kid on a bike as soon as possible!!! :D

dave_k:
Diapers sent

Congrats man

G:

--- Quote from: DJJB!;3214421 ---A home birth would give me the chills. What if something does go wrong (wrapped around umbilical cord...). Then you are pretty screwed. Id like to go to the hospital just for the sense of security.
--- End quote ---

They would do exactly the same thing that they would do in hospital and unwrap it.

I am not suggesting that it is good to forgo modern science. Have the scans, take the advice of the midwives etc, but going to hospital can CAUSE problems in otherwise healthy births. The MOST important thing is for the woman (who is the one who will actually DO everything) to be relaxed, its hard to relax in a hospital. It is very common for women to go into labour and then stop when they reach hospital because they are "stressed". In the wild an animal seeks out somewhere it feels SAFE to give birth, if a lion turns up they can stop and run. A useful evolutionary advance. But for most humans this instinct to stop can cause a lot of problems...

:)
G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version