The Street > The Lounge

Steven Hamilton

<< < (40/79) > >>

Brooklynrider:

--- Quote from: Black Miguel;3596141 ---I've come to the conclusion that Steven was playin a joke on bmx for the past few years to see who would write him off as a nut. Federal didn't get the joke as well as a few others.
--- End quote ---

He basically said that in his last interview. He actually hasn't done drugs in a long time.

KillSeth:
Hamilton is the man, but I'm not sure which was more full of shit, the Albion "interview" or Steven's response that was on the Federal site. Probably safe to split the difference and view both as highly skewed and the truth falling somewhere in the middle.

spakky:
I just watches his part from the Orchid DVD a while back and the set of stairs he jumps is crazily huge

Allah:

--- Quote from: Black Miguel;3596141 ---I've come to the conclusion that Steven was playin a joke on bmx for the past few years to see who would write him off as a nut. Federal didn't get the joke as well as a few others.
--- End quote ---

I thought that as well, and I also thought that Federal did get the joke and that was why they were willing to support him for so long, so yes it does seem odd that they dropped him just as he started producing watchable content again.

However as we all know BMX is a young man's game and whilst we BGers might respect the old/mid school the new kids aren't interested. Sad to say but to make money and stay relevant you've got to be pushing your riding and getting exposure. Corey Martinez is a good example of someone who came up at the same time as Hamilton who has done this successfully. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Hamilton's riding but I can see how his part in Cuts and that recent webvideo wouldn't excite Joe Barspinner down the park (not helped by the filming quality).

Having said all that, I was on the Hoffman website for some reason the other day and noticed that they have a "lifer" team, indicating that they still support some of the older guys (Mad Jon etc) which I think is awesome. Maybe Federal should have been more tactful and done something like that - keep on giving him frames and stuff.

Gnariman:

--- Quote from: Allah;3596246 ---I thought that as well, and I also thought that Federal did get the joke and that was why they were willing to support him for so long, so yes it does seem odd that they dropped him just as he started producing watchable content again.

However as we all know BMX is a young man's game and whilst we BGers might respect the old/mid school the new kids aren't interested. Sad to say but to make money and stay relevant you've got to be pushing your riding and getting exposure. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Hamilton's riding but I can see how his part in Cuts and that recent webvideo wouldn't excite Joe Barspinner down the park (not helped by the filming quality). Corey Martinez is a good example of someone who came up at the same time as Hamilton who has done this successfully.

Having said all that, I was on the Hoffman website for some reason the other day and noticed that they have a "lifer" team, indicating that they still support some of the older guys (Mad Jon etc) which I think is awesome. Maybe Federal should have been more tactful and done something like that - keep on giving him frames and stuff.
--- End quote ---

thats what i sorta figured too, not many people want to see you ride the same wall ride over and over again, especially if you end up going lower and lower. With that being said, i love that spot and his riding so i dont think ill be bored of his videos anytime soon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version