The Street > The Lounge

Steven Hamilton

<< < (9/79) > >>

meowy.wowy:

--- Quote from: NickS;3415639 ---I see him out all the time.  He was just down at the little OSU skatepark the other night.  He's pretty kooked out to be honest and seems to skate more than ride but hopped on a friends bike and immediately started shredding like he never missed a beat.  He was definitely an innovator of street riding and sort of pioneered a whole new style of riding (pegless).  Bums me out sometimes to see him stragglin along and have seen him begging for change but oh well.  Dude will always be a legend.
--- End quote ---

is he still in school you think?

you should take charge, become his BFF and change him back to a jock-ish college boy

NickS:

--- Quote from: say.no.to.fat.girls.;3415729 ---is he still in school you think?

you should take charge, become his BFF and change him back to a jock-ish college boy
--- End quote ---

I really doubt he's in school.  I've seen enough of him to not want to get real close.  Something about Columbus and BMX pro's doesn't work.  Steven, Ian and Eli.  Oddly all friends at some point.

nobody:
Steven used to end up hanging out on the porch of our old (NickS) apartments all of the time.  Mr. Hamilton hung out at the bar across the street and my roommate and I would constantly call him over and talk about the most random subjects.  Our friends (Arnold Palmer/Cat) were having a party one night and I walked over there to find Steven wearing a winter coat in 90 degree weather telling me to "embrace my inner black bear and climb the tree in the front yard."

He also told us a story about doing the OSU curved wall on his "barspin bike" to barspin.  His "barspin bike" was apparently a beach cruiser and according to what he had to say it was the only bike that he could ever do barspins on.  Supposedly, he was going to shoot an ad for Federal doing so but someone stole the bike when he was drinking one night because he forgot to lock it up.

And so as to not disappoint.  I dug up these pictures I took of Steven doing a decent sized table over a decent sized hip at The Flow circa 2002 (possibly 2001).

Unrelated to Steven... Nick, you forgot Shanton Wilson.  One time pro living in Columbus that no longer rides.

Admiral Ackbar:
about 1:20 in theres footage of him riding some wet underground pipe/tunnel

http://vimeo.com/8565721

Eggit2:
I'd love to see a documentary on him. As said as it is to hear where he has ended up, it would be very interesting to hear about from his perspective. I also wonder if he is one of those people who knows his life is a wreck, or if he is just perfectly content living that way. Maybe knowing that so many people still look up to him for his riding would pursued him to get back on a bike and turn his life around, or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version