The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (784/890) > >>

72ss454:
Had an old 1999 Schwinn Joey Garcia Automatic frame deliver today.  Throwing it together for a friend of my fiancee to have a bike to ride as his car is about to die.  I have a lot of random mid school parts laying around from my dumb collector days, so I only have to purchase new rim strips, grips, and tubes to finish assembling the bike.  I threw on an older Pitchfork, Solid Iron Cross bars, Primo Pro top load stem, D-Cupp headset, Primo Powerbite cranks and bottom bracket, Superstar 990, and a set of rims that consist of Odyssey 48h rims, Primo Pro rear, and Primo SOB front hub.  If I remember, I will take a picture when it is finished. 

Mychaylo:
Please remember to take a pic sounds awesome!

CHROME_RIMS_YO:

--- Quote from: 72ss454 on April 10, 2014, 08:30:33 AM ---Had an old 1999 Schwinn Joey Garcia Automatic frame deliver today.  Throwing it together for a friend of my fiancee to have a bike to ride as his car is about to die.  I have a lot of random mid school parts laying around from my dumb collector days, so I only have to purchase new rim strips, grips, and tubes to finish assembling the bike.  I threw on an older Pitchfork, Solid Iron Cross bars, Primo Pro top load stem, D-Cupp headset, Primo Powerbite cranks and bottom bracket, Superstar 990, and a set of rims that consist of Odyssey 48h rims, Primo Pro rear, and Primo SOB front hub.  If I remember, I will take a picture when it is finished.

--- End quote ---

solid 1" cranks and a mirra seat and you'd have a bike worthy of battling the 7 foot spine at the san jose ramp club while cam birdwell superman peggrabs the box jump! sounds like an awesome project!

72ss454:
Thanks for the compliments, but my fiancee just called to let me know she was unable to swing by the LBS.  I will take a few "as it sits" pics tonight after I steal a set of pedals off another bike in my shed.  I sold a few things I thought I would never use that would have been perfect for this bike.  I had a red sparkle Primo seat collecting dust that is on there and I forgot about the odd size seat post/clamp, but streached a Hoffman clamp and used a shim with an old Primo Rod for now.  The bars have a set of like new Robbie Morales Primo Grips on them, but they are not going with the bike.  Not sure if I have a spare set of ODI laying around or something else I have removed in the past.  I almost set it up with some one inch Hoffman bars and a front Bulldog brake for fun, but the other bars looked more correct.

72ss454:

Just need to swap out the grips and deliver to its new owner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version