The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (809/890) > >>

DontcallmeKenneth:

--- Quote from: BilboBaggins on May 22, 2014, 12:13:02 AM ---I've seen you go through ~15 different sets(maybe?) Of tires in the time I've gone through 2 haha

--- End quote ---
Yeah, just 3. Momentums to wlt's to machetes. The momentums wouldn't fit the solid that I had so I decided to try wlt's. Due to cleveland weather I only got to ride them in snow or melting snow so I sold them after a month of just looking at the bike. I ended up with machetes because I wanted them again since I wanted a light knobby tire. Can't get much lighter than demolition tires but FAfs are my favorite. I may sell the t/a's and get bsd tires since they have them in 2.25 and are kind of like a larger print FAF.

peggiesmalls:
Got colony fantastic plastic pedals,broke my pedal spanner  installing them:(

metalbmxer:

--- Quote from: Black Miguel on May 21, 2014, 03:51:00 PM ---The t/a tires are awesome but i think I want a tire with some tread on it. I noticed I can't grip that great unless I'm full on straight ahead charging a wall for wall rides. With my other tires(machetes) it was a lot easier to kind of ride parallel to the wall and just hop and stick. I just slide off the wall with the T/A tires.
Plus a new shipment of items just popped up in the shop so I'm going to try and pick up some metal pegs.

--- End quote ---

Could be that you were just wearing off the outer layer and breaking the tire in that it didn't grip so well

Thomas031:
Just started on a polishing job for my newly acquired Tomahawk stem.

Concluded that i still have to take reeeeal fine (laquer) sanding paper to prepare the alu to be able to get a shiny finish on there.
The above is what i achieved with about 5 minutes on a polishing wheel. Hence the change of strategy.

Real stoked on this little project though. Stem didn't fit the look of my R25's in chrome and the 9.25 chrome bars i'll be running, so i decided to take matters into my own hands. Definitely more work than i anticipated.
Guess normal stems are easier to polish because a lot of them are cnc'ed.

D'oh.

paranoidmexican:
Raffle at a skatepark, won a brand new s&m atf frame. Only spent $30 lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version