The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (813/890) > >>

bluebmx:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on May 28, 2014, 12:47:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: bluebmx on May 27, 2014, 09:43:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on May 27, 2014, 12:00:38 AM ---Bummer, your back is still fucked up?

--- End quote ---

nah, this was a whole different thing. Super rare shoulder injury that has to just do it's thing (for 6 months) and then it's either good or not. There is some treatment that is super expensive and not covered by any insurance that I could do if I had to, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. My rehab has gone well and it's very close to time t find out if it's all good or not. The hard part is knowing how much it can take crashing wise. Def going to have to modify the way I bail to minimize impact.

--- End quote ---

To be young and ride away from these sorts of things. Godspeed dude.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. Not sure of your age, but i'm getting up there win BMX years at 29. Hoping for a little youthful recovery though!

DontcallmeKenneth:
De-pinned one side of my pedals, got another and took off some parts to make the rbv2 feel better and then purchase a bsd tire. Put that bitch up front and moved the faf to the back. The other bike came with a shadow tire I may put on based on the fact that it has a little more tread left in the center than the faf bit. Bike feels a bit better and finally through on the merritt sawyer grips and keeping the flanges on for now.

bsd510:

--- Quote from: Thomas031 on May 23, 2014, 04:54:36 PM ---Just started on a polishing job for my newly acquired Tomahawk stem.

Concluded that i still have to take reeeeal fine (laquer) sanding paper to prepare the alu to be able to get a shiny finish on there.
The above is what i achieved with about 5 minutes on a polishing wheel. Hence the change of strategy.

Real stoked on this little project though. Stem didn't fit the look of my R25's in chrome and the 9.25 chrome bars i'll be running, so i decided to take matters into my own hands. Definitely more work than i anticipated.
Guess normal stems are easier to polish because a lot of them are cnc'ed.

D'oh.

--- End quote ---

You should check out simichrome. it polishes up aluminum quite nicely. I did it to mirror finish the seatpost/cranks/stem on my track bike

Thomas031:

--- Quote from: bsd510 on May 28, 2014, 05:45:26 PM ---You should check out simichrome. it polishes up aluminum quite nicely. I did it to mirror finish the seatpost/cranks/stem on my track bike

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advice!
The european version of this stuff, i already have, and used :)
Unless there is something in simichrome that isn't in whatever we have here.

It's called commandant, and it is as well meant for polishing/rubbing/cleaning depending on the compound used.
Actually got a chrome finish on my last Odyssey forks with just that, a lot of sanding paper sheets, and some scotchbrite..

Same reason i now bought chrome odysseys lol, was soo much work.

The stem though, has some kind of coating before you get to the bare metal, that's why the initial tiny bit of polishing took so long. I now sanded most of the shit off so it's ready for another trip to my mate's workshop.
I'll upload a pic of finished project plus pics of the outlandish tools i created to do polish(edit: sand) the stem.

And again i say.. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

peggiesmalls:
Looks rad!im far too lazy for that :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version