The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (824/890) > >>

Gary:
Bolted some pissed off squawking geese too my chainstays along with a cable and lever too activate the noise

peggiesmalls:
Got a kmc 510 and installed it,fuck halflinks

SAT10:
Got some new tubes to get my old 27" steel road bike up and running. The tire was seating funny, like it was too big for the rim now. I re-seated it once and everything looked good. Moved on to adjusting the front brakes when I very faintly heard squeaking rubber. As soon as I realized the trouble I was in for, the tube blew up in my face (the bead came out of the rim). My reaction was to immediately get up and walk to the next room, as if I could walk it off, or maybe to help me contemplate my new life as a deaf guy. When the shock faded I realized I wasn't bleeding out the ears, and eventually my hearing returned good as new. Now I'm just ignoring the fact that my ears may be slightly aching.

Gotta figure out what I want to do with that bike. It's too big, possibly even heavier than my Surly 29er, and I ran into a car on it a few years back and the front end has been slightly wonky since (yet that same tire and tube have been on it ever since).

CMB:
Cleaned the layers of dirt off my chain.
Swapped my red cable for a black one.
Took a small pebble out of my bottom headset bearing that was causing it to creak and annoy the shit out of my me.

AaronBmx:
Removed wheels, put it in the back of the car.
School in a bit and then shooting/riding at an indoor park full of transition

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version