The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (849/890) > >>

rickylarryyy:
Went to the local shop. Running a special on wheel truing. Both wheels for 15 bucks. Got the rig weighed in at 23.05 and bought the guys at pusher some arizonas. Also watched Holy Fit whilst all of this was going on.

DontcallmeKenneth:

--- Quote from: Sasha on October 31, 2014, 11:25:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Trap Miguel on October 31, 2014, 05:10:02 AM ---If that was the case i wouldnt have changed grips. But no, longer grips place my hands closer to the bends so i have to move them further before i do any hop" " trick. Shorter grips keep my hands further from the bends thus eliminating the need to move my hands at all.

--- End quote ---

You know you don't have to hold your grips right in the middle, right?

--- End quote ---
Long grips = hands close to the bends (155) short grips = further from the bends (140) w/o moving my hands. I never said i held them in the middle.

Anyway, had a good day at this new spot i discovered near my place. Basketball courts with a bunch of waxed benches. I finally got icepicks down to where im not hucking and just sliding off. Also picked up a few crank bite wounds. Bye bye lowtops.

@ss4oLe:
I tripped over it looking for some tools...

as for the long grip/short grip thing, I have the same issue...

My hands naturally end up smashed against the flanges. I'll start a run with my hands on the very end of the bars and my hands end up at the other end of the grip by the time I'm done riding.

milhous:
I'm always on the flanges, finally cut them off one day to try and move hands out. Failed, hands are still in the same spot, just no more flanges. Old habits die hard.

Dug out a bunch of random old/extra parts and posted a bunch of stuff up for sale on another site. Will ride tomorrow if it is warmer than today was.

paranoidmexican:
Went to a bike festival in downtown and won a Sunday blueprint bike.

Got hooked up with a Deco frame and built it up, just needa chain and seat clamp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version