The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (861/890) > >>

badlight:

--- Quote from: montymitch on January 22, 2015, 01:46:14 PM ---I've been waiting to build these up for a while now, and finally got myself some spokes and rims. DT spokes, straight gauge, and GSport Birdcage hoops. Odyssey has drilled the flange holes so small and the flanges themselves are too thick for the spokes to make it through the bend. I gave Empire a call and they recommended just drilling it out, so here we go. They said the early batches of Antigrams have this problem, so it's not me just being a hack.

--- End quote ---

There is a bit of a trick to it, I found it easier to flip it out toward the axle sort of and kind of turn it as it pops into place. Its hard to explain properly. I built quite a few of these when they came out and kinked a fuck ton of spokes in the process. Some of them were worse than others though, and wont go without a drilling or reaming. Or shaving of the paint on the spokes around the bend. 

montymitch:

Yeah, even after drilling they were tight.

sans.terre:
for how unstoppable the ody cassette is they somehow manage to fuck up the front one every.single.time.

weedbix:
Except that I'd wager it's not a fuck-up at all. I've always had to persuade DT spokes to go into my Gsport flanges because the flanges are made to be as thick as possible while still working with 14g spokes. People aren't used to that, so I'd wager Odyssey overrode their initial flange thickness to accommodate the unaware

montymitch:
Finally got the thing together. It's not entirely complete, I'm still waiting on fresh tires and I need to build the rear wheel up, but I've got a coaster wheel on there right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version