The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (878/890) > >>

Alex.:
Put on a set of new Primo Dirt Monsters. First time I've replaced a tire in a long ass time so I of course pinched a tube in the process. All good now, though.

DontcallmeKenneth:
Went to a jam hurt my wrist putting my pegs on (lame). Cool watching the kids throw down too.

CMB:
Ordered a pair of Race classics on eBay. They were the Stay Strong Edition ones so they came black already which is sweet.
Normally putting on forks is a 5 minute job but not this time. These took me well over an hour and had me screaming obscenities at my bike.
Story time: Cut the steerer to my liking, went to put them on but the pipe cutter created a little lip on the outside of the steerer making it slightly larger than the stem. Filed it a bit and only went on a little. File more, but it's no go because now I'm grooving the inside of my stem out. Do this process a few more times no avail, finally getting angry and using a rubber mallet to beat the stem on. Stem is on but now I can't get it off. So I'm twisting the stem back and forth making more grooves on the inside until I finally get it off. I had to grind down the forks to get rid of the lip and sanded the inside of my stem to make it smooth. The steerer tube is now slightly shorter than what I wanted it to be but still works with the spacer. I immediately regretted my decision of buying these forks that whole day but it's all good now.
Moral of the story: Don't use pipe cutters on forks.
/story

pegs:
isn't the moral of the story don't use pipe cutters on forks?

RAILS!:
Yeh innit, pipe cutters are for girls.

Hacksaw and file ftw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version