The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (880/890) > >>

pegs:
showing your age? more like 8" is just a memory!

unless GT are making two sizes they completely fucked this up, state of them! eurgh

DontcallmeKenneth:
i'm old but i meant more from a mid sized to large. bars that would be nice to have are now coming in at 9" as a starting point. signature bars fine, that's what the rider wants, but team bars thats basically saying get taller or look like a goof with big bars. especially if they look gross. you have no choice. if those gt bars come in other sizes than 9, i think they would sell real well.

pegs:
i'm with ya, the standard has been upped for sure. Slam size bars look small now, but that's only cos everything else these days looks so out of proportion. I hope they do an OG sized version of the GTs, surely they'd sell a shitload to bmxmuseum heads, then there's everyone who rides scerbos, etc. though I suppose the amount of kids buying the big ugly new ones will be higher

dude...:
^^^ i cant see the kids buying em tbh

the gt bars are a specific market, like you said the bmx museum carpet queeners for their midschool builds, and the east coast US/real uk streeters who are loyal to the scerbos are gonna be the prime candidates i reckon.

unless all the pitta bread tyred, plastic peg, tcu lovin LA plaza street riders start reppin them, i cant see them selling in high volume to the kiddies

and trvp pizza, you could always get a front loader stem, and cut your steerer or whatever. generally im noticing bar sizes going down again, im one of the last few on 10s around here (though people still like their bars retardedly wide). id struggle to go lower, but id love an option with a smaller box (though that would also look stupid)

DontcallmeKenneth:
I do have a front load, i think for me its not the actual size but the look of how big they are throws me off. I think mutiny does a good job of making big bars look not so big and the benny L bars dont look bad either. But at the moment big4s are doing good. I had to throw my sxtn on today since my back was feeling a little bit of pain but i may do the bigger bar with my front load in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version