The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (882/890) > >>

@ss4oLe:
Rode some dirt jumps.

Swapped out the pinched to hell Freeze stem for a Fedetal stem.

mattmoney:

--- Quote from: Brooklynrider on April 02, 2015, 11:40:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: mrjimyjohn on April 02, 2015, 09:10:35 PM ---Snapped my Fly Montana clean doing a flat 3. Must have been damaged from something else but just days ago I wiped it down and recall no cracks here. Trying to decide now between a Soundwave and Motoross.

--- End quote ---
Wow, must have been some weak weld for it to crack directly on it.

--- End quote ---

Which version? Pretty impressed with my v1 Montana. Mine's held up for almost 4 years to pegs and all until I just recently retired it.
Started to get tiny stress cracks around the seat stays (same area) but I'm sure its still got a little life in it
I've still seen a decent amount of broken ones though

mrjimyjohn:

--- Quote from: mattmoney on April 04, 2015, 04:53:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Brooklynrider on April 02, 2015, 11:40:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: mrjimyjohn on April 02, 2015, 09:10:35 PM ---Snapped my Fly Montana clean doing a flat 3. Must have been damaged from something else but just days ago I wiped it down and recall no cracks here. Trying to decide now between a Soundwave and Motoross.

--- End quote ---
Wow, must have been some weak weld for it to crack directly on it.

--- End quote ---

Which version? Pretty impressed with my v1 Montana. Mine's held up for almost 4 years to pegs and all until I just recently retired it.
Started to get tiny stress cracks around the seat stays (same area) but I'm sure its still got a little life in it
I've still seen a decent amount of broken ones though

--- End quote ---

I think it's a v2 (2011 model). Only saw light peg use for a couple months and it never took any huge hits, and the forks I bought at the same time (Fly agua) snapped a year and a half ago - straight along the welds as well. Every Montana I've seen cracked has been in this same area so I wasn't surprised, I rode it just a few weeks more than 3 years.

mattmoney:
Damn. I'm still riding my agua's which are almost as old as my montana. No signs of cracking yet.. Though I'm coincidentally throwing on a different set like tomorrow
I'm pretty surprised how well the fly stuff has held up for me. I've broken two sets of 4 pieces and cracked a rim or two in that same period.

paranoidmexican:
Adjusted my brakes, put air in the tires, and rode a tennis court for about an hour yesterday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version