The Street > The Bike Shop

What did you do to your bike today? (v2)

<< < (886/890) > >>

Boomhauer:
Got some new parts in route to me, just gotta get a headset, bottom bracket and forks together now..

MilkyWilky:
2 days ago I wrapped my bars in cotton tape and twine, then shellacked the things solid on my oldtimer. Yesterday I put on SKS Raceblade XL fenders, and a Thule Touring rack, on my 1985 road bike loaded up 2 Ortlieb bags and rode up the Rhein from Basel along the Swiss side, then crossed to Bad Säckingen in Germany, came back on the German side. Swiss was much nicer, with better signage. Today I don't feel like riding it very far.

Boomhauer:

--- Quote from: MilkyWilky on June 20, 2015, 10:42:21 AM ---2 days ago I wrapped my bars in cotton tape and twine, then shellacked the things solid on my oldtimer.

--- End quote ---
pics? That sounds pretty awesome.

Zoidberg:

it was the other day, but anyway, sorted out my cranks and then the brakes, had a general fiddle because it's been sat idle for a while, the new stem's fine now. those pedals were £9 cheaper than black ones, i'm tempted to change the bodies for the black bodies i have as on that set on one the bearings have gone and the other is stuck in a powerbite but the colour has grown on me and i doubt i'll ever be fucked. i had some black plastic rubens in between but found them really uncomfy. they're still in almost new condition if anyone's interested!

took it down the park for the first time in ages to discover some genius has built this wooden bank bit:

bike is running absolutely sweetly and tempted to get another two plegs but with guards too it's a bit pricey, either way i've got to start riding it more

Prodigal Son:
Is Paulo still alive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version