The Street > The Bike Shop

Dennis Enarson Cranks

<< < (7/9) > >>

streetStreet:

--- Quote from: locomotive on October 12, 2014, 01:23:16 PM ---It costs less to make slits in the axle than to include a crank puller in the box. Plus they can market it as a "new innovative" design to make life easier for bmxers lol. Still don't like the new eclat aeon, and fuck 24mm cranks. Also the ratchet slot on the demolition cranks is useless. Not only is the bb going to shit the bed faster because it's 24mm, but also because kids are going to over tighten them 100%. I get enough torque with allen keys, I don't see a point of more. This is such a gimmick.

to who ever was talking about grease as the magical remedy, it's more of a necessity rather than anything else(any metal on metal should be greased). With tight cranks you will still have trouble even with grease. Thats why the animal cranks come with both grease and a crank puller. In other words, I can see how kids new to bmx can have trouble with 48 spline cranks. This is what the companies are banking for. They are trying to make money from the large, growing demographic of kids just entering bmx. You obviously wouldn't like the cranks or the idea, because you are not the target market. 

--- End quote ---

My 22mm Spline cranks worked totally fine for me. I'm currently riding free Macneil 19mm ones and theyre "okay", but I wouldnt by 19mm again. When you talk about people over tightening cranks and ruining BB's that has nothing to do with splines and everything to do with spacers between the bearing's. IF the splined design was so faulty we wouldnt see it in as many applications as its in.

Here is some stuff you did touch on though:

- Gimmicks
- User error
- Business and Ethics

and a bunch of words to string that shitty shit together. The spliner that makes the splines probably has splines.

dude...:

--- Quote from: locomotive on October 13, 2014, 12:20:55 PM ---
Man you are pissing in the wind. First you say how awesome your cheap eclats are and that all they need is grease to make them fit and work better, now you say the whole design is shit.

--- End quote ---

no i said the only reason i have them is cos i got them for $20.
i have see so many fuckin people with splined cranks (usually profiles or other 19mm style ones) that they cannot get off their bike cos they fitted them without grease and the arm has seized and rusted onto the axle. you can prevent this from happening with the application of grease, but its still a shit design for all the reasons i said before.

Admiral Ackbar:
so what you're really saying is we need idiot proofed cranks

machete:

--- Quote from: Admiral Ackbar on October 14, 2014, 11:37:00 AM ---so what you're really saying is we need idiot proofed cranks

--- End quote ---
They will never be made cause some idiot will find a way to mess them up.

Sasha:

--- Quote from: dude... on October 14, 2014, 04:24:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: locomotive on October 13, 2014, 12:20:55 PM ---
Man you are pissing in the wind. First you say how awesome your cheap eclats are and that all they need is grease to make them fit and work better, now you say the whole design is shit.

--- End quote ---

no i said the only reason i have them is cos i got them for $20.
i have see so many fuckin people with splined cranks (usually profiles or other 19mm style ones) that they cannot get off their bike cos they fitted them without grease and the arm has seized and rusted onto the axle. you can prevent this from happening with the application of grease, but its still a shit design for all the reasons i said before.

--- End quote ---

Older Profile cranks had threaded arms so you could use an actual crank extractor to get them off. They seem to have removed this feature now though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version