The Street > The Bike Shop

Dennis Enarson Cranks

<< < (8/9) > >>

badlight:

--- Quote from: dude... on October 13, 2014, 04:17:18 AM ---either they wobble all the time or theyre so tight you have to cut them off.

--- End quote ---

What? Just...no.

--- Quote from: Sasha on October 14, 2014, 01:57:30 PM ---
Older Profile cranks had threaded arms so you could use an actual crank extractor to get them off. They seem to have removed this feature now though.

--- End quote ---
Which is great if you have to take them off the first time you install them. Miss a couple of grinds and those threads are fucked. Its hard enough to get the flushmount bolt washers out after a few missed grinds.

Thomas031:
i don't see why people don't just tap the spindle/flush bolts with a rubber mallet or a hammer.
That's what i do with my Kinks, works great. Essentially just a crank puller for cavemen.

dude...:

--- Quote from: badlight on October 14, 2014, 03:27:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: dude... on October 13, 2014, 04:17:18 AM ---either they wobble all the time or theyre so tight you have to cut them off.

--- End quote ---

What? Just...no.

Older Profile cranks had threaded arms so you could use an actual crank extractor to get them off. They seem to have removed this feature now though.

--- End quote ---
Which is great if you have to take them off the first time you install them. Miss a couple of grinds and those threads are fucked. Its hard enough to get the flushmount bolt washers out after a few missed grinds.

--- End quote ---
this. they fold over real easily

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: dude... on October 15, 2014, 04:35:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: badlight on October 14, 2014, 03:27:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

What? Just...no.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
this. they fold over real easily

--- End quote ---

You can fix that problem quite easily, when I had 19mm versions I just ground down the front of the washer 1 or 2mm, perfecto

JFax:
I have been on profile-esque cranks for years and hate how difficult it is to take the cranks apart. But its not the end of the world as it normally only has to be done maybe once a year to change b/b or sprocket.

The system is not perfect but is developed and tested to work, so why spend money on it when you can just start selling something with a gimmick without much R&D and make a big buck?
Props for eclat and G to try and develop the crank market.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version