The Street > The Bike Shop

Dennis Enarson Cranks

<< < (9/9)

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: JFax on November 25, 2014, 11:21:10 AM ---I have been on profile-esque cranks for years and hate how difficult it is to take the cranks apart. But its not the end of the world as it normally only has to be done maybe once a year to change b/b or sprocket.

The system is not perfect but is developed and tested to work, so why spend money on it when you can just start selling something with a gimmick without much R&D and make a big buck?
Props for eclat and G to try and develop the crank market.

--- End quote ---

I think Eclat might be onto something with their new 48s/ wedge system, even though Profile did it before them on their Column Race cranks, It'll definitely make for easier installation and removal me thinks.

badlight:

--- Quote from: Cellmember on November 25, 2014, 07:03:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: JFax on November 25, 2014, 11:21:10 AM ---I have been on profile-esque cranks for years and hate how difficult it is to take the cranks apart. But its not the end of the world as it normally only has to be done maybe once a year to change b/b or sprocket.

The system is not perfect but is developed and tested to work, so why spend money on it when you can just start selling something with a gimmick without much R&D and make a big buck?

--- End quote ---

I think Eclat might be onto something with their new 48s/ wedge system, even though Profile did it before them on their Column Race cranks, It'll definitely make for easier installation and removal me thinks.

--- End quote ---

They work slightly different from the Elite cranks, with a bullet looking thing that is threaded and goes in the thru the other side of the spindle that the bolt threads in to, rather than having a taper on the head of the bolt itself.

They do simplify the actual sliding on and off of the arm, it just slides right off, but you need a long 8mm to hold the bullet wedge in place during tightening and loosening. They way I see it, its kind of a pain in the ass and I'd rather just install and uninstall my cranks the old fashioned way, but then again, I have never had a 48 spline crank wobble in such a way that I couldnt stop it. Seriously, the profile wobble thing is blown pretty far out of proportion on this website in my experience.

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: badlight on November 26, 2014, 11:11:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Cellmember on November 25, 2014, 07:03:05 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

They work slightly different from the Elite cranks, with a bullet looking thing that is threaded and goes in the thru the other side of the spindle that the bolt threads in to, rather than having a taper on the head of the bolt itself.

They do simplify the actual sliding on and off of the arm, it just slides right off, but you need a long 8mm to hold the bullet wedge in place during tightening and loosening. They way I see it, its kind of a pain in the ass and I'd rather just install and uninstall my cranks the old fashioned way, but then again, I have never had a 48 spline crank wobble in such a way that I couldnt stop it. Seriously, the profile wobble thing is blown pretty far out of proportion on this website in my experience.

--- End quote ---

I guess some poeple just have badluck sometimes when it comes to parts I will say for my self I've had my fair share of defected parts, but for my 3 pairs of profile race's and my columns they've been perfect, no wobble what so ever, can't say the say for a pair of eastern Ti cranks I had a while back couldn't even get to use them because they literally would slide on the 19mm spindle and not only that once the crank bolts where tightened down they would wobble on the splines back and forth and side to side and I was pissed about that because they weren't cheap had them replaced same thing happened not a bad as the first set but still un-rideable so I gave up on trying to get a replacement and wen't back to profiles.

Have you seen the Mutant Bionic cranks, they look like it would be a pain to install un-install, I think it's unnecessary.

couch:
Do they really not come with a tube spacer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version