The Street > The Bike Shop

finally new powerbites.

<< < (6/12) > >>

Prodigal Son:

--- Quote from: dude... on October 15, 2014, 04:25:15 AM ---
its pretty pointless making a crankset that was designed as a 3pc into a 2pc. for years after i started the only 2pc crank out was some dodgy sounding khe one, they were a joke. its only cos of wombolts (which were designed to be 2pc from the start) that they became viable again.
--- End quote ---

Wasn't it fly who came out with that came out with the modern 2 piece design?

Stoked:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on October 15, 2014, 11:13:26 AM ---
its pretty pointless making a crankset that was designed as a 3pc into a 2pc. for years after i started the only 2pc crank out was some dodgy sounding khe one, they were a joke. its only cos of wombolts (which were designed to be 2pc from the start) that they became viable again.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think so...they called it 2.5 pc because you still had to knock one arm onto splines.  it just didn't have a bolt holding that side on

locomotive:

--- Quote from: Stoked on October 15, 2014, 11:16:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on October 15, 2014, 11:13:26 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think so...they called it 2.5 pc because you still had to knock one arm onto splines.  it just didn't have a bolt holding that side on

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't they all be called 2.5? Reason being, aren't all the "2pc" cranks still have the spindle made separately? Just because a company fixes 1 side of the crank to the spindle instead of the consumer, doesn't warrant a change in name. Plus 2pc cranks are a lot more like 3pc rather than 1pc, and the name makes it sound like they are equidistance. It's not even a big deal, and lame to even argue but I just feel like companies are trying to make something sound like an original idea by changing the name(i.e. KHE or who ever first uses that 2pc name).

GUMP_:
That would make the old powerbites 12 piece cranks.

4x pinch bolts
2x spindle bolts
2x arm
2x pedal boss
1x spindle
1xsprocket bolt.

faldfhkhfidhfid:

--- Quote from: Bunky on October 14, 2014, 06:07:58 PM ---F#ck you Primo!

Why?

Because Brian Foster, that's why.

--- End quote ---

Yep and good old Stricker. Once both of them got kicked it was fuck you primo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version