The Street > The Bike Shop

Anybody ride DH here?

<< < (3/5) > >>

MEAT:
You need to have a crack on one G, they're far more than the sum of their parts, when compared to pretty much any trail bike. You have to totally reconfigure your idea of speed and whats possible, then ride like a total spazz to make them come to life. I couldn't go back to ridig dh exclusively like I did when I was a youth,  but it's amazing to go out and smash a big bike about every so often.

_tom_:
I ride DH, just built up my 2nd Scott Voltage and I hope I don't have to sell this one to pay for bills like the old one. It's so fun, I haven't ridden BMX for years now. Spent a summer in Whistler and it was pretty much the best thing I've done in my life.

Danno:

--- Quote from: MEAT on November 04, 2014, 06:58:03 AM ---I've got a shitty old giant i wheel out every few months, just booking flights for an annual group outing to spain next month. Burly over there, the rocks don't fuck about, big, pointy and numerous.

A mates edit of our wobbly gopro footage... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9wukvwVuQ&list=UUi1Gz0Fj7YKlk9u0JHPibuA

--- End quote ---

Had any luck with getting the bikes on the plane for free this year? I called Monarch a couple of weeks ago to see if the offer was on again and they wouldn't confirm anything. The sales lady wasn't having any of it when I tried to get her to do it as a one off.

Cole:
Used to have a DH bike but sold it about 5 years ago due to working 2 jobs, going to school and the only decent hill around me was a 2 and a half hour drive and always so busy it just wasn't worth it to make the drive.

Definitely looking to get back into it soon though. Might pick up a new rig over the winter.

MEAT:

--- Quote from: Danno on November 04, 2014, 05:48:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: MEAT on November 04, 2014, 06:58:03 AM ---I've got a shitty old giant i wheel out every few months, just booking flights for an annual group outing to spain next month. Burly over there, the rocks don't fuck about, big, pointy and numerous.

A mates edit of our wobbly gopro footage... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG9wukvwVuQ&list=UUi1Gz0Fj7YKlk9u0JHPibuA

--- End quote ---

Had any luck with getting the bikes on the plane for free this year? I called Monarch a couple of weeks ago to see if the offer was on again and they wouldn't confirm anything. The sales lady wasn't having any of it when I tried to get her to do it as a one off.

--- End quote ---

Nah but it was only 30 quid ish and that still makes them way cheaper than the alternatives, just need to be super careful with weights, because they absolutely reamed us for excess baggage last year. Probably mostly our fault for turning up about 30 secs before check in closed....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version