The Street > The Bike Shop

Keychain help

<< < (8/11) > >>

Thomas031:

--- Quote from: metalbmxer on November 08, 2014, 11:00:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Thomas031 on November 08, 2014, 09:55:05 PM ---Still, be wary of rust though.

Parts can still fail when allowed to rust.

Remember that forks cranks frames can rust from the inside out as well :)

--- End quote ---

Right on bro, that makes good sense. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Thought i'd mention, seeing as you said you ride shows. Parts generally get a good beating in those settings, hence being careful.

I always thought about teflon spraying my frames before assembling, but never did so. Never actually had something break that suggested i'd do so, but it's not a bad idea if you're afraid water/moisture might build up.

Sucks to pay 10 bucks for a new link.
Exactly the sort of stuff that keeps me from buying 1st gen products.

User errors are something companies have to defend themselves with by using good manuals.
Think of shadow and their 1st gen halflink chain direction mystery.

IF it's product failure, Odyssey is supposed to have good warranty, and i reckon that in the first phase of a product hitting the market, they might be prepared to listen and might offer you something that may have been improved- if you're lucky.

G:

--- Quote from: Alice Glass on November 13, 2014, 07:55:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on November 06, 2014, 08:26:19 PM ---So, you're saying... User error?

--- End quote ---

Never in hell have I ever had problems using my old hub/sprocket combo after getting a new chain, whether its a kmc/shadow/cult/sram. This whole "user error, our customers are retarded" way of thinking G has is getting ridiculous.

--- End quote ---

You are attributing these comments to me, even though I never said anything of the sort? Dont you think that's somewhat unreasonable?

:)
G.

G:

--- Quote from: I <3 Gore. on November 13, 2014, 04:42:08 PM ---Because I am lazy and don't want to make a duplicate thread. The link next to the half master-link exploded, sending my master-link, half-link and several rollers flying. The chain is maybe a month old and gets ridden mostly to and from class and the grocery store. Why does it cost 10 dollars plus shipping every time you break the chain? WHY?

--- End quote ---

I am sorry if you are having problems, how many times have you had this happen? If you in any way think that your chain may be faulty then please contact warranty and we will be very happy to look at it. If you have previously ordered a masterlink kit then I would have thought we could sort something out or cut you a deal on the next one.

The new masterlink kit should be just under $9 and that's on our own store where we cant discount without annoying shops, hopefully shops will start carrying these when the chain is more established and you will be able to pick one up a little more cheaply and without shipping costs.

The keychain has been in development for a very very long time, and generally speaking we have seen very very few JRA type incidents, there are no modifications or V2's in the works. (though we are looking at doing slightly longer ones for non-BMX use). 

I hope this sounds reasonable.

G.

I <3 Gore.:

--- Quote from: G on November 14, 2014, 09:39:57 AM ---I am sorry if you are having problems, how many times have you had this happen? If you in any way think that your chain may be faulty then please contact warranty and we will be very happy to look at it. If you have previously ordered a masterlink kit then I would have thought we could sort something out or cut you a deal on the next one.

The keychain has been in development for a very very long time, and generally speaking we have seen very very few JRA type incidents, there are no modifications or V2's in the works. (though we are looking at doing slightly longer ones for non-BMX use). 

I hope this sounds reasonable.

G.

--- End quote ---

Honestly, I had no problems with it up until now. I don't ride pegs, and ride a full guard sprocket. It was literally out of the blue and I can't exactly pinpoint which failed, the master-link or the link next to it.

the threads on the master-link pin completely sheared off

I <3 Gore.:
I'd also like to add that your "proprietary" chain breaker does not work correctly with the hollow pin chain. The plate stop has too small of a hole and does not allow the pin through, pretty suck because the breaker BROKE without it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version