The Street > The Bike Shop

I'm so bliiiiiiiind

<< < (4/7) > >>

Finn the Human:

--- Quote from: i am hollywood on November 15, 2014, 11:36:25 AM ---QBP says 2/6/15 for ETA

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Brendan O. on November 15, 2014, 06:00:18 PM ---2/6/15 means 6th of february right you ass-backwards cowboy?

--- End quote ---

Maybe time machine?

tim_sch:
Should be in Germany approximately in the next 3 weeks.

Thomas031:
Any internals yet?

Thought themerged would be disecting that thing by now lol

badlight:

--- Quote from: Thomas031 on November 16, 2014, 09:04:50 PM ---Any internals yet?

Thought themerged would be disecting that thing by now lol

--- End quote ---

I have dissected one, it's pretty nifty. Pretty sure all the tension that keeps the pawl ramps from spinning as you pedal comes from the sideload from the driver side cone.

Bunky:
Here's some pictures from Kurts coverage of Interbike this year.

Looks like the set screws on the pawl ramp piece tighten down on the bushing giving it some friction on the axle.  The pawls look like they get restricted down into the hub with a traditional pawl clip.

As long as there's more friction there at the "ramps" than the clip puts on the pawls, then everything will function fine.

The pawl ramps look like they function identical to the way the Eastern/Ezra hub works, in that as the pawls move forward they slide up on ramps on a washer next to them pushing them up to engage the ratchet ring. 

The big difference between this and the Eastern, though is that the Blind has a totally different ratchet ring that has it's teeth spaced out a lot more to allow more slack at times.  Makes me wonder though, if the slack stays consistent all the time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version