The Street > The Bike Shop

Oil Slick / "jet fuel", really ?

<< < (2/6) > >>

barcodebilly:

--- Quote from: Cellmember on November 20, 2014, 07:52:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: BilboBaggins on November 20, 2014, 07:22:49 PM ---The AU thing makes complete sense. Mad gear brooo

--- End quote ---

Yeah everything is expensive it farken sucks, are you talking about the distro / scooter MGP company because if you are they suck to.

--- End quote ---
It all sucks.

montymitch:

--- Quote from: BilboBaggins on November 20, 2014, 07:22:49 PM ---The AU thing makes complete sense. Mad gear brooo

--- End quote ---
Yeah, if it's made out of Au, $300 extra is a bargain, but it's probably too heavy to really ride.

Spev:
I guess eventually the price of the oil slick/rainbow/jetfuel may come down but at the moment it is a fairly exclusive process, especially on frames. There are an abundance of places that will powder and spray frames, but the electroplating process for slick/rainbow/jetfuel can only be done in a certain places, added to the fact that it has to be chromed first.
For an old school bmx exhibition earlier this year we had a limited edition Colony/Prody frame along with some forks, bars and cranks sent back to taiwan to have a rainbow finish applied to it. As it was a one off it cost $850aud just for the finish.

--- Quote from: montymitch on November 20, 2014, 10:25:08 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Yeah, if it's made out of Au, $300 extra is a bargain, but it's probably too heavy to really ride.

--- End quote ---
This made me lel. ;D

Cellmember:
Seems like way to much work just to have that affect plus the added cost on it isn't really worth it in my opinion.

LeonLikesToRock:

--- Quote from: Cellmember on November 20, 2014, 10:59:32 PM ---Seems like way to much work just to have that affect plus the added cost on it isn't really worth it in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

I agree but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be offered. Plenty of dudes are stoked on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version