The Street > The Lounge

"NIGEL SYLVESTER ON ADVANCING BMX WITHOUT FITTING IN"

<< < (14/22) > >>

Brooklynrider:
Obviously businesses are there to make money but a company that has a KHE freecoaster, pivotal seatpost, and a fat seat should not be getting more money than a company that designs their own products and stands behind them. Unfortunately, kids would rather buy something thats cool rather than functional so companies have no incentive to actually care about what they put out. As for riders, it is a miracle that they can make a living off of a hobby. If they can make it happen, then good for them. The main problem is that the little amount of money that BMX actually has is going to the wrong people and there is not much anyone can do to change that.

Cole:
Then you can change things. Start a company and make your own, original parts. Or, open a shop and sell only what YOU think should be sold, then promptly go out of business because you're selling things that the people who actually buy parts don't give a shit about. Fucking supply and demand, dummy. Welcome to the real world.

Brooklynrider:

--- Quote from: Cole on January 07, 2015, 05:26:08 PM ---Then you can change things. Start a company and make your own, original parts. Or, open a shop and sell only what YOU think should be sold, then promptly go out of business because you're selling things that the people who actually buy parts don't give a shit about. Fucking supply and demand, dummy. Welcome to the real world.

--- End quote ---
What the fuck are you even saying? Did you read anything I said?

Cole:
Your last sentence, shit fuck. You can change things, but you'd rather whine like a pussy on an internet bulletin board

Brooklynrider:

--- Quote from: Cole on January 07, 2015, 05:49:32 PM ---Your last sentence, shit fuck. You can change things, but you'd rather whine like a pussy on an internet bulletin board

--- End quote ---
The majority of BMX is younger kids who don't really know what they're buying. That is why generic companies stay alive. There are generic companies in every sport, but most of them don't last long because people know better. The reason BMX is in this state right now is a combination of many reasons. Real companies will never strive until the majority of people who buy bmx parts make reasonable decisions. There is no way to change that because kids are kids. As a single person, I cannot make a noticeable difference. On the rare occasion that I buy parts, I make sure they are from a company that I think deserves my money. Since I don't buy bike parts often, I buy DVDs from companies that I like. When a kid asks about what bike part to buy, I always give them good advice as to what companies to buy from. That's as much of a difference as I could possibly make. Some companies have found a way around this problem. Take Cult for example. While I don't like how they try to push their image, that is the way to do it. They are that "cool" company but still manage to put out new things. They put out different and better working products even though they don't have to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version