The Street > The Lounge

Frame Features /Strength

(1/11) > >>

Cellmember:
Hi Guys,

I've been in contact with a frame builder seeing about having a custom made up, from what I've been told about my design I wan't to know what you guys think of his way of building a frame.

I was told that A: a wishbone rear end is not a strong as a A or S bend stays and B that round tubing for the SS/CS bridges are weaker than a plate. O_o

Basically I'm just talking about the specs I was after which he was not interested in doing as he believed his way was better/stronger.

I've heard the opposite to what he has told me and have tried both so I have first hand experience with those options.

I'm dumbfounded by what I've been told as I can't see that being the case but then again, you learn something new every day.

Chime in.

Stoked:
I would think single bend stays are stronger than S bend stays

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: Stoked on February 17, 2015, 06:13:40 PM ---I would think single bend stays are stronger than S bend stays

--- End quote ---

Yeah due to less bends

barcodebilly:
I would go with a tube brace. I dunno if they're stronger or not

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: BilboBaggins on February 17, 2015, 07:22:38 PM ---I would go with a tube brace. I dunno if they're stronger or not

--- End quote ---

My personal pref is tube bridge as well, I can't see a plate being stronger/stiffer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version