The Street > The Lounge

Frame Features /Strength

<< < (3/11) > >>

master:

--- Quote from: dude... on February 17, 2015, 11:22:04 PM ---i heard wishbones being more twisty is true though, but i guess it depends on the specific dimensions and stuff cos sunday frames

--- End quote ---

Bro, do you even Barcode? :D

weedbix:

--- Quote from: Cellmember on February 17, 2015, 06:00:41 PM ---I was told that A: a wishbone rear end is not a strong as a A or S bend stays and B that round tubing for the SS/CS bridges are weaker than a plate. O_o

--- End quote ---

Whoever told you this, I would completely ignore in future

Brooklynrider:
I've heard from several reputable sources that wishbones greatly strengthen a frame. Not sure about the whole plate/tube argument but tube should take forces better and be lighter. If you want to build a strong and stiff frame, I'd opt for something with large diameter tubes, gussets, a wishbone (or two), and non-micro dropouts for more weld contact area. Basically build a sunday.

dude...:

--- Quote from: master on February 17, 2015, 11:40:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: dude... on February 17, 2015, 11:22:04 PM ---i heard wishbones being more twisty is true though, but i guess it depends on the specific dimensions and stuff cos sunday frames

--- End quote ---

Bro, do you even Barcode? :D

--- End quote ---

nah brah, not trails enough. im awaiting delivery of an AOD though in all its wishboney goodness

JFax:
If Im not mistaken Mr. French made an article somewhere stating that wishbones are stronger.

I wonder if 3D printed frames could become a thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version