The Street > The Lounge

Frame Features /Strength

<< < (5/11) > >>

Brooklynrider:
But USA, bro!

In all seriousness, please stay away from this dude. As soon as I opened his site, I saw those god awful cutouts where the stays meet the dropout. You know, the ones that are identical to old federal frames that all cracked? My friend had an older lacey and it cracked in 8 places. 2 on each stay cutout.

Brooklynrider:
http://instagram.com/p/Y50zz-sObP/?modal=true
8 Places!

G:
The devil is always in the detail, but generally speaking, comparing like with like, a wishbone is either going to be stronger for the same weight, or lighter for the same strength.

In terms of plate bridges, just no. They are a LOT easier to make though, so there's that...

:)
G.

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: GUMP_ on February 18, 2015, 05:04:33 AM ---Just get a custom AoD and be done. Cause wishbones

Or Dave at pedal driven he was pretty good to talk to before when I was looking at a custom from him

--- End quote ---

That's awesome that Fbm are have brought back the AOD, definitely got a lot of people stoked.

Yeah I will be looking into him, thanks.

--- Quote from: KillSeth on February 18, 2015, 01:15:07 PM ---I've been curious what Laird's take was about wishbones and tube braces, now I know. That being said, I think that what he is doing looks really great.

--- End quote ---

I will admit he has very pretty welds !

--- Quote from: Brooklynrider on February 18, 2015, 02:54:26 PM ---http://instagram.com/p/Y50zz-sObP/?modal=true
8 Places!

--- End quote ---

Holy shit, I've never seen that kind of crack in a place like that before, fack.

--- Quote from: G on February 18, 2015, 04:05:59 PM ---The devil is always in the detail, but generally speaking, comparing like with like, a wishbone is either going to be stronger for the same weight, or lighter for the same strength.

In terms of plate bridges, just no. They are a LOT easier to make though, so there's that...

:)
G.

--- End quote ---

I definitely noticed a difference when it came to wishbone vs A and S, makes sense to. Like I said I was shocked when I was told otherwise, haha.

I've never been a fan of plates for the bridge's mainly because I think it looks tacky and the obvious it wouldn't be that strong compared to a tube, but it looks like for this particular builder  plates are strongest for him, and yeah you are most correct with it being cheaper to produce.

Nice to hear input from everyone, thanks all !

tecnic1:
I've been thinking about this, and intuitively, I think wishbones should be more rigid up and down (I.e., about and axis through the bb), and side to side (axis normal to the ground), but less rigid in twisting.

I could probably work out how to prove it, but my structures fu is not strong. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version