The Street > The Lounge

Frame Features /Strength

<< < (7/11) > >>

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: mattywatty on February 18, 2015, 06:26:43 PM ---One of my friends had a Barcode. I distinctly remember dropping into a quarter pipe on it and being surprised by how much stiffer than my non-wishbone frame it was.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, best feeling, makes the frame feel secure and trustworthy, no doubt.

--- Quote from: Stoked on February 18, 2015, 07:09:32 PM ---The cutouts look terrible on the stays and not a fan of the seatclamps.  He can do standard seat tubes w/o a clamp

--- End quote ---

That was the only thing the builder was willing to do. Probably because there's no welding required so it's quick and easy.

--- Quote from: @ss4oLe on February 18, 2015, 07:17:20 PM ---If your frame isn't breaking on you, isn't it strong as it needs to be?

Over the last 30 odd years I have seen every style of frame crack. 

Personally I don't like a super stiff rear end. Hurts too much. Now, that don't mean I like flexy ass frames.

--- End quote ---

That's not really what I'm talking about on here but like I said in my original post, tube ss/cs vs plate ss/cs and wish bone etc, and the fact that I couldn't get what I wanted done on the frame is what bothered me.

Fair enough everyone to their own, I dig the solid rear end's personally.

--- Quote from: ginger on February 18, 2015, 07:27:52 PM ---T1 builds rule.

--- End quote ---

You Sir are correct, now If only I could have gotten my hands on one.

Louis:

--- Quote from: dude... on February 17, 2015, 11:22:04 PM ---lairds got some nice welds going on but he seems like a bit of a tripper

--- End quote ---

You dont say...

sans.terre:
lol. gyro tabs.

Cellmember:
Yeah that's a little too lazy but I'm guessing it could be stronger.

weedbix:
He's probably buying prefabbed HT's, 0 of which these days would come with tabs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version