The Street > The Lounge

Frame Features /Strength

<< < (2/11) > >>

@ss4oLe:
Laird?

I do know that some people break frames and some don't. And some folks always break a frame in the same spot (a friend of mine always broke his on the seat stays, near the top tube. another friend always broke his at the top tube/head tube)

Are you breaking a lot of frames?

I know Laird has some heavy hitters on his frames. (if that's who you're talking about)

I say buy one and try to break it.

Cellmember:

--- Quote from: @ss4oLe on February 17, 2015, 08:23:42 PM ---Laird?

I do know that some people break frames and some don't. And some folks always break a frame in the same spot (a friend of mine always broke his on the seat stays, near the top tube. another friend always broke his at the top tube/head tube)

Are you breaking a lot of frames?

I know Laird has some heavy hitters on his frames. (if that's who you're talking about)

I say buy one and try to break it.

--- End quote ---

I'm after a custom mainly due to not being able to find certain frames so It's just easier to have one made up, no I'm not breaking frames, I have had a lot of defected frames not none braking at crucial points mainly just brake bit snapping off *Cough* Fly.

If I'm getting a custom built up I want to have the spec's I'm after not what someone tells me I should have, plus that's not what I'm talking about here, I don't want to mention names that's not my thing, I just want people's opinions on my first post and even better if someone has a professional background on the matter.

Yeah I've seen a lot of "Pro's" on his frames, good to see.

I wonder why Buckworth isn't on his laird frame any more.

master:
So he is basically saying that some of the strongest frames over the last 15 years... are now the weakest? I'll take wishbones and tube bridges thank you very much.

Maybe you should find a new frame builder.

sans.terre:

???

dude...:
lairds got some nice welds going on but he seems like a bit of a tripper, especially if hes telling you plate bridges are stronger than tube ones.

i heard wishbones being more twisty is true though, but i guess it depends on the specific dimensions and stuff cos sunday frames

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version