The Street > The Lounge

Death penalty (re; Bali 9 executions)

<< < (8/11) > >>

JFax:
Vids from their websites are semi-blocked. Have to go to a special site to see some content.

Idk, it is blocked on my chrome that is set to use American IP addresses.

condrbkr:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on March 08, 2015, 01:42:34 PM ---Fuck that, if the majority thinks the minority ethnicity should be cleansed of the earth, standing by to let them govern themselves is bullshit.

--- End quote ---

Man genocide is something else compared to drug runners.

I do think a world police is needed in today's world, don't get me wrong, just that you can't expect the locals to wholeheartedly accept what some bigger nation proposes.

Prodigal Son:

--- Quote ---It's the equivalent of Muslims going crazy because some guy in France drew Muhammad. To them that's law. They broke it and they deserved the punishment cause their ideas of law are above everyone else. I'm not equating one to the other but if democracy truly is the best system to govern a region then let the people come to that conclusion by themselves, not let it be dictated by a bunch of outsiders who feel they know best for them.
--- End quote ---

And this

--- Quote ---I do think a world police is needed in today's world, don't get me wrong, just that you can't expect the locals to wholeheartedly accept what some bigger nation proposes.
--- End quote ---

Have very distinct conflicts in my eyes.

condrbkr:
It's a thin line. Countries deserve a level of self determination which allows them to define which freedoms mean most to them but at the same time I do believe in a universal principle of basic human rights and if those rights are violated. The UN has the right to impede.

But this isn't genocide it's story of a bunch of foreigners who got caught doing a clearly illegal thing for profit. From what I can see there is no call for all Indonesian drug smugglers with similar fates to be freed, just these 9. Simply because they're foreigners from a more powerful nation.

Prodigal Son:
There should be equal precedence to chronic public masturbators being put to death as there is an asshole dealing death. I think it's bullshit to delineate the death penalty. It is a very precise and contradictory thing to declare the worth of a life and simultaneously exclaim the forfeiture of another's.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version