The Street > The Lounge

Death penalty (re; Bali 9 executions)

<< < (9/11) > >>

LukeTom:
I do not think the taking of a life is ever justified. There have been too many fuck ups in the courts where it is later proved that the dead guy is innocent. There is never any way of being 100% certain, at least with prison you can be compensated/released if you end up being innocent. It is a permanent solution and as seen in many cases it all too often ends up killing innocent people.

condrbkr:
People can preach the importance of taking an innocent life but the very same people don't think twice about a system which negates the quality of everyday human lives in the favor of expanding the 'livelihood' of a few. They know it exists but they also know the sacrifice which would be needed to end such a thing, virtually no one is willing to make that sacrifice regardless how noble the idea. The world is a hypocrisy. Quite honestly I don't judge those people who still hold ideals for human life cause frankly even the idea of people mattering is a step forwards more than the reality; which is that they don't.

beermx:
Truffle butter

ginger:

--- Quote from: condrbkr on March 11, 2015, 01:40:21 AM ---From what I can see there is no call for all Indonesian drug smugglers with similar fates to be freed, just these 9. Simply because they're foreigners from a more powerful nation.

--- End quote ---

Wrong. Also, Indonesia is busting nuts trying to get their nationals off death row in other countries for drug crimes. Hypocrisy is through the roof here.

condrbkr:

--- Quote from: ginger on March 12, 2015, 04:22:00 PM ---
Wrong. Also, Indonesia is busting nuts trying to get their nationals off death row in other countries for drug crimes.

--- End quote ---

Source?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version