The Street > The Lounge

Sheepdog still out there

<< < (4/16) > >>

sheepdog:
You guys are welcome.

By the way, for those wondering what I've been up to... 
3d printers... lots and lots of 3d printers.

A friend and I started a new company a while back building 3d printers (Griffin 3d) based on one I designed. Since then, we've raised $50k on Kickstarter last September, been to investor conventions where we had some offers, went to Makerfaire, invited to TedX, interviewed on PBS, and done local web based TV shows. It's been nuts.

We are building our own laser cutter (4ftx3ft, 110watts, cuts almost anything but metal) and invested in some software that will change 3d printing, it could result in 75% faster prints. Up next is a bigger shop so we can get a cnc, which we will more than likely buy or trade a printer for, and at some point I'll probably build a waterjet if we have the space.

Stoked:
When you get that cnc machine, can you run a batch of bg dick sprockets?

streetStreet:
Those dick sprockets are becoming bikeguide white buffalo.

Bunky:
How much does it cost to run Bikeguide for a year?

Seeing your other Kickstarter success, I think you should start a "Keep Bikeguide Alive for the next 45 years" kickstarter.

I'd be down to throw in like a hundred bucks if I know the site wasn't going to have to censor itself for google ad revenue and wouldn't go away for a long time.

master:

--- Quote from: Bunky on March 12, 2015, 11:05:40 PM ---How much does it cost to run Bikeguide for a year?

Seeing your other Kickstarter success, I think you should start a "Keep Bikeguide Alive for the next 45 years" kickstarter.

I'd be down to throw in like a hundred bucks if I know the site wasn't going to have to censor itself for google ad revenue and wouldn't go away for a long time.

--- End quote ---

You're a genius Bunky. I'd be in on this too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version