The Street > The Lounge

Sheepdog still out there

<< < (6/16) > >>

sheepdog:

--- Quote from: Kinchy on March 13, 2015, 01:20:28 AM ---Sheepdogs achievements:
1. Moves forum over to 'better' host, many old members lose log in details.

2. Removes rep

3. Deletes popular threads

Thanks m8

--- End quote ---

You're quite welcome!
Next time I need to verify 3,500,000 posts in 24 hours I'll be sure to call you and then you can do it. I have a lawyer on retainer, he'd be happy to draw up the contract for this, penalties and all.

A few passwords were corrupted, but many simply didn't know their passwords or were disabled because they were too f'ing easy to guess. As for the host and software change, just let me know where to send the bill and I'll switch it right back to how it was. That will be $1600 for software every 3 years, and $105 every month for hosting. No seriously, let me know and I'll send you the bill.  No? Then shut the hell up.

sheepdog:

--- Quote from: Bunky on March 12, 2015, 11:05:40 PM ---How much does it cost to run Bikeguide for a year?
Seeing your other Kickstarter success, I think you should start a "Keep Bikeguide Alive for the next 45 years" kickstarter.
I'd be down to throw in like a hundred bucks if I know the site wasn't going to have to censor itself for google ad revenue and wouldn't go away for a long time.

--- End quote ---
Most Kickstarters fail horribly and it requires lot of effort to pull off a good one.

Then there is BG, everyone says they would be down and will throw in money, a few will truly kick in but most will actually only contribute a dollar or two. In 13 years, I don't think BG has broke $400 in total donations and that even counts the raffle.

ginger:
Disappears for years, still can put the burn on.

Stoked:
Get some products donated from co's and run lottos for users to generate site funds

Kinchy:

--- Quote from: sheepdog on March 13, 2015, 03:16:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kinchy on March 13, 2015, 01:20:28 AM ---Sheepdogs achievements:
1. Moves forum over to 'better' host, many old members lose log in details.

2. Removes rep

3. Deletes popular threads

Thanks m8

--- End quote ---

You're quite welcome!
Next time I need to verify 3,500,000 posts in 24 hours I'll be sure to call you and then you can do it. I have a lawyer on retainer, he'd be happy to draw up the contract for this, penalties and all.

--- End quote ---

Well, you didn't even try by the sound of things. There are a fair few dedicated mods on this board and countless extra users who could of helped. But instead you just removed (deleted?) some of the communities favourite threads and a large section of its history.

--- Quote ---A few passwords were corrupted, but many simply didn't know their passwords or were disabled because they were too f'ing easy to guess. As for the host and software change, just let me know where to send the bill and I'll switch it right back to how it was. That will be $1600 for software every 3 years, and $105 every month for hosting. No seriously, let me know and I'll send you the bill.  No? Then shut the hell up.

--- End quote ---

And how much is the ad revenue? Googles input must be considerable for you to take the action you did. Maybe some transparency, rather than treating us like children. This isn't some huge mega forum, it's a fairly close knit group of people

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version