The Street > The Lounge

Sheepdog still out there

<< < (9/16) > >>

Bunky:

--- Quote from: sheepdog on March 13, 2015, 03:16:23 AM ---That will be $1600 for software every 3 years, and $105 every month for hosting. No seriously, let me know and I'll send you the bill.  No? Then shut the hell up.

--- End quote ---

So that works out to about $1800 a year, or 150 a month to keep the site running...  That's actually a pretty big chunk of change.

How many active users do we have?  and I wonder what percentage of those would actually be willing to pay like 10 dollars a year?  Probably less than 15%.

What was the cost for premium membership when that existed?  and how many people opted in for that? 

Sorry for all the questions.  I just "feel" like there's got to be a way to make this site self sustaining that doesn't rely on google advertising.  I know from work experience, though, that what I feel and what reality is don't always line up.  Still doesn't hurt for me to take a look at it, and run some numbers. 

Kinchy:
Let's remember it isn't just Google that is advertising here, there are numerous bike shops, bmx media, and companies as well

meathead:

--- Quote from: Bunky on March 14, 2015, 01:18:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: sheepdog on March 13, 2015, 03:16:23 AM ---That will be $1600 for software every 3 years, and $105 every month for hosting. No seriously, let me know and I'll send you the bill.  No? Then shut the hell up.

--- End quote ---

So that works out to about $1800 a year, or 150 a month to keep the site running...  That's actually a pretty big chunk of change.

How many active users do we have?  and I wonder what percentage of those would actually be willing to pay like 10 dollars a year?  Probably less than 15%.

What was the cost for premium membership when that existed?  and how many people opted in for that? 

Sorry for all the questions.  I just "feel" like there's got to be a way to make this site self sustaining that doesn't rely on google advertising.  I know from work experience, though, that what I feel and what reality is don't always line up.  Still doesn't hurt for me to take a look at it, and run some numbers.

--- End quote ---

could always take a page out of radbmx's book and have to buy an annual membership to post for sale and wanted adds and maybe a private locked sort of category where you can  post anything aslong as you have paid a bit like bmx-forum.com  have/had befor that turned to shit, like almost every other decent bmx related forum has.

maybe a monthly/bi-monthly raffle  £5 a ticket to win some part or frame from some company or some shit?

failing that could always find a way to create a spam bit and spam every other forum with this ones web address and perhaps get some new members and a bit of life/income into this place?

bluebmx:

--- Quote from: Kinchy on March 13, 2015, 01:20:28 AM ---Sheepdogs achievements:

1. Moves forum over to 'better' host, many old members lose log in details.

2. Removes rep

3. Deletes popular threads

Thanks m8

--- End quote ---

You forgot "Created & Funded Bike Guide".

bluebmx:
It's good to see you are still around... I thought you handed over the site to Kurt @ BMX Union a while back though?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version