The Street > The Lounge

Sheepdog still out there

<< < (12/16) > >>

ginger:
Since sheep deleted the boobies we've had a spike in activity.

wartree:
just postin to check my post count

ediotism:
losing user names/password isn't a big deal to be honest, i just adjusted mine and it's all good. I find it a little strange that forums allow a single letter username (G), it was difficult to follow (i.e. stalk) some previous posts using teh search bar. but no big deal.

good to know Sheep's still kicking ass, wouldn't it have been in your interest to post on BG and your other forums when you had the kickstarter campaign going tho?

G:
Please dont feel the need to waste your time on justifying how you run this place. If people think that they have a great money raising idea then they can get on with it themselves and just send you the money when they are done surely?

--- Quote from: sheepdog on March 12, 2015, 06:53:36 PM ---You guys are welcome.

By the way, for those wondering what I've been up to... 
3d printers... lots and lots of 3d printers.

A friend and I started a new company a while back building 3d printers (Griffin 3d) based on one I designed. Since then, we've raised $50k on Kickstarter last September, been to investor conventions where we had some offers, went to Makerfaire, invited to TedX, interviewed on PBS, and done local web based TV shows. It's been nuts.

We are building our own laser cutter (4ftx3ft, 110watts, cuts almost anything but metal) and invested in some software that will change 3d printing, it could result in 75% faster prints. Up next is a bigger shop so we can get a cnc, which we will more than likely buy or trade a printer for, and at some point I'll probably build a waterjet if we have the space.

--- End quote ---

This looks great. Really wish you would have given it a plug on here when it was a kickstarter.

What is the likely leadtime on an XL kit at the moment? I have been planning on building a bigger machine for a while but this looks like a quick solution rather than the issues I was looking at scaling a cartesian machine. Do you use a heated bed? How does the Gorrilla glass handle heating? I generally print with PLA so need a heated bed, but am looking at printing with HIPS soon so a heated enclosure might make more sense.

I have always wondered if a Delta bot could be made to flip half way through the print to be able to use the entire height for the print? ie. Raise the print head; then drive the print head outside the normal print envelope right off to one side; and then flip the opposite carriage to below the print head. Then repeat for the other two carriages. Then carry on printing with the carriages below the head right out the top of a shorter fatter printer... I hope this crappy description makes sense.

I would also love a small waterjet. Been wondering if it would be practical to make a sort of two foot square one for the home. Waterjet has so many advantages and if a typical pressure washer could be adapted to provide the pump it might be pretty affordable. The hardened and scruffy edge on plasma and laser cuts is a big issue sometimes.

All the best with it.

:)
George

Sasha:
I miss the big bike thread. I would have never looked through it I guess. Life goes on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version