The Street > The Lounge

New Random Thoughts Thread

<< < (33/179) > >>

hugh.:
Just got the news one of my brothers mates drowned kayaking in Slovenia there a few days ago. Sucks as another friend of his drowned the same way less than 5 months ago. Both are with my brother in the same class in college. Stay safe out there dudes!

Cole:
Jesus Hugh, that's awful.

But is it bad to say id rather hear about a young dude going out doing something like that than hearing about them taking their own life?

Bristow:
Fuck Hugh, sorry to hear that, really am.

That's made me a little nervous as I spent the past few days on a long weekend Kayaking along the coast of Koh Kood with my missus, neither of us with life jackets and I was the only one with a paddle, I feel like my confidence has now been misplaced.

Can I ask how they got into trouble?

Alex.:

--- Quote from: Cole on April 16, 2015, 01:05:09 PM ---Jesus Hugh, that's awful.

But is it bad to say id rather hear about a young dude going out doing something like that than hearing about them taking their own life?

--- End quote ---

Definitely not. We're all going to die at some point. Better to go out doing something you enjoy rather than being so depressed you don't see any other option other than taking your own life.

Definitely sad, either way.

hugh.:

--- Quote from: Bristow on April 16, 2015, 07:48:33 PM ---
Can I ask how they got into trouble?

--- End quote ---

Both were whitewater kayakers. First dude was out after a week of solid heavy rain here in Ireland and the higher water hid some nasty tree roots. They just found him upside down in his kayak after noticing him missing and tried to resuscitate but he was gone already.

Very similar with the second guy as the group noticed him missing and found his kayak capsized with him in it. I believe he had his arm stuck in a rock.

Both in an outdoor recreation course and they're all very experienced kayakers and everyone knows CPR so it's not like it was a group of novices out.

Sucks cause they had just held a memorial 'activity day' for the first dude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version