The Street > The Lounge

New Random Thoughts Thread

<< < (130/179) > >>

alaskun:

--- Quote from: Narcoleptic Insomniac on November 18, 2015, 06:36:05 PM ---The argument doesn't make any sense. The two things being compared are completely different and unrelated. It makes it seem as though there is a housing shortage and the homeless vets are competing with the refugees for a limited number of houses. It ignores the fact that most homeless vets are so because war has fucked with their minds to the point that they can't function in normal society and do all the thing people need to do to maintain a home. Sure, the VA has let a lot of vets down in terms of care for their mental health problems but that has nothing to do with the US taking in refugees from Syria.

--- End quote ---

what if the refugees are [homeless, flawed] vets themselves?

etc...

the past couple of days I've been thinking about the massive tunnel bomb videos that came out over the past two years or so.  Would a drugged out islamist would-be bomber be ok with being down in the paris catacombs with the walls lined with dead christians/jews... or would it be like hell for them?

and what would happen if they sneak explosives underneath the vatican?

ginger:
A small part of me wants Islam and Christianity to annihilate one another.

Kinchy:
Frankie Boyle on Twitter :
"I suppose the USA is worried that refugees might get involved in mass shooting just to try to fit in"

Cole:
Remember when you could go on facebook to send someone a message without having someone's political views/xenophobic/general nonsense posts shoved down your throat?

Those were the days.

barcodebilly:
Anywhere good to eat in salt lake city? Flying in tonight leaving monday morning. Not old enough to drink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version