The Street > The Lounge

New Random Thoughts Thread

<< < (139/179) > >>

Prodigal Son:
I'd been putting in more thought than actually person to person discussion about gun control after the past week of these shootings. I had this small ponderance about the difference between the gun control positions.

There is a hope that we can stop gun homicides. Whether unrealistic or not, the intention is to end them. The other side accepts that all manner of gun homicide are the price to pay for having protection.   

Kinchy:
But where is this "protection" when these shootings are happening? Because I don't recall a time where the gunman was stopped by the general public

Cole:
It ALWAYS blows my mind when American's use "protection" as an excuse for gun ownership. As you mentioned, Kinchy, it is so few and far between that a bystander has been the one to put an end to an active shooter situation.

But, of course the answer to ending gun violence in the US is to arm every Tom, Dick and Harry. More guns=less gun crime

Prodigal Son:
I'm positive you can pull up an equal amount of shit for instances of either on the googler. For example, when there was a black young man walking through a neighborhood where a neighborhood watch, who didn't live there, was armed and thankfully was able to dispose him after engaging in a fight he was losing.

Then there is the issue of people having a public gunfight.

Liam:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on December 06, 2015, 04:34:29 PM ---I'm positive you can pull up an equal amount of shit for instances of either on the googler. For example, when there was a black young man walking through a neighborhood where a neighborhood watch, who didn't live there, was armed and thankfully was able to dispose him after engaging in a fight he was losing.

Then there is the issue of people having a public gunfight.

--- End quote ---

Are you talking about Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman? Where the latter was charged with second degree murder for shooting an unarmed teenager? And your view is "thankfully was able to dispose him"? "Dispose"? He wasn't litter. I wouldn't say vigilante gun nuts who get done for murder are the best defence of America's gun laws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version