The Street > The Lounge

Smartphone or GoPro for lazy filming?

<< < (5/5)

sans.terre:
aam i a gmailing man?

yes, yes...i ...i am...

MilkyWilky:

--- Quote from: sans.terre on March 28, 2015, 05:41:57 PM ---aam i a gmailing man?

yes, yes...i ...i am...

--- End quote ---

Well my Gmail is the oldest of the emails I still use, but I've been so impressed with the interfaces and things they keep rolling out. I basically enjoyed Googles stuff (Docs, Newstand, Maps, Drive) so much I decided to switch from iPhone. It makes me want to use my GMail more, even though it's longer to type. Full disclosure I study design and have read the google 'Material Design' manual (not that I do anything of that sort) and liked that shit. Android phones are pretty nice cause if you got a GMail account you're rollin. I think it's clean and now that I 'get' widgets I'm seeing some appeals over my iPhone.

I bet there are lots of really good phones out there for a reasonable price. The one I have shoots 20.3mp pictures (they're alright, but at a certain point without a good sensor it's just numbers) the video does 4K or 120fps at 1080. What I literally just noticed was that the camera app (vid and stills) has some 'manual' mode with white balance, exposure comp, couple 'Scene' modes preprogrammed. Nice for me because I have shoot with a Sony camera, familiar. Battery life is like avg 2 days or something and if you're lost in the desert you can switch it to some super-conservation mode to last nearly a week.

As of yesterday I've taken the memory card out of my GoPro and stuck it in this thing. Maybe I'll change my mind when I want to mount the camera on something.

I'm not saying this phone is perfect, in fact the first night I had it I tried to plug it in to charge in the dark. I ended up bending something in the SD card slot. That is what she hath said. The next day I exchanged it at the store. There's lots of Sony software on it that's a bit stupid. I think the Google Nexus/Motorola don't have it, but they are bigger screens too and lack lots of features. If you're not going anywhere in the next 2 years go see what you can get on a contract.

ginger:

--- Quote from: master on March 28, 2015, 04:56:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Narcoleptic Insomniac on March 28, 2015, 02:52:18 PM ---Point for Gopro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ANGZm0xPOA

--- End quote ---
Plough made of wood.

--- End quote ---

She got a perfect 10, then pole vaulted or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version