The Street > The Lounge

Motorcycle Thread V2.0

<< < (6/10) > >>

Aesop Rock:

--- Quote from: sokoloka on June 22, 2015, 09:07:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Aesop Rock on June 22, 2015, 03:59:36 PM ---
Got my girl flying again. She still needs some love but hasn't left me stranded... yet! Took her on a 100 mile cruise the other week just to get out. Seaweed and Gravel was one of my stops. Place is pretty meh, but they have some cool bikes.

--- End quote ---

Nice!  Was there earlier today - work out in the gym right on top of Seaweed and Gravel.

--- End quote ---

Shit man, we need to drink a beer.

sokoloka:

--- Quote from: Aesop Rock on June 23, 2015, 02:05:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: sokoloka on June 22, 2015, 09:07:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Aesop Rock on June 22, 2015, 03:59:36 PM ---
Got my girl flying again. She still needs some love but hasn't left me stranded... yet! Took her on a 100 mile cruise the other week just to get out. Seaweed and Gravel was one of my stops. Place is pretty meh, but they have some cool bikes.

--- End quote ---

Nice!  Was there earlier today - work out in the gym right on top of Seaweed and Gravel.

--- End quote ---

Shit man, we need to drink a beer.

--- End quote ---

Name a time and place!

tario:

Hopefully the picture works^^. Just got a 1979 cb650 a few months back. Needed a bit of work, had been sitting for 3 years.

Since that picture it has had a new seat, new battery, front brake completely pulled apart and rebuilt(It was full of brake sludge, didn't work), new carb boots, carbs rebuilt and declogged, valves adjusted, carbs synced, tank cleaned, Ignition and seat lock fixed, new tires (shop put these on), new chain.

Hopefully by the end of summer I'll have new fork seals, shifter peg seal, and a custom seat I'm building from the pictured OG seat pan/foam. Seat will be close to original just slightly flatter and with 2.5" ribs across (if that makes any sense...)

Long term goals include exhaust headers that aren't rusting out, a paint job not inspired by orange peels, maybe pods, maybe removing side covers.

Aesop Rock:

Trimmed my rear fender and rewired my tail light. Still needs some clean up work, but overall makes the rear end look a lot nicer. Let's keep this thread going nerds.

Tiger Lily:
I was never really into Harleys until recently, when I was getting a little fed up working on my 70s yamaha xs650 chopper. All the fabrication has been time consuming (but fun!) and every little step has it's own problem solving puzzle.

It's actually pretty close to being done:

But there's still a little left before it's back on the road (sissy bar fab, paint, wiring, etc)...

So I decided to drop in on a daily commuter. I'd heard the Harley EVO engines were count-on-able, so I picked up this 2003 1200 Sportster off craigslist with some minor damage and rebuilt the front end and customized it a bit:

As I bought it (well, I put on that little moon eyes air filter) ^

How I ride it everyday since ^

I'll say it's nice to have that 1200 engine for freeway missions (virtually anytime you go anywhere in southern california) and I'm happy to know my bike won't be puzzling me on longer trips. So far the longest has been to LA and back but maybe out to here this weekend:

El Mirage dry lake bed ^

Woo motorcycles~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version