The Street > The Lounge

Motorcycle Thread V2.0

<< < (9/10) > >>

ralph wiggum:
Bummer. People suck.

Brooklynrider:
Rebuilt my first engine yesterday. These early Honda motors are super simple, especially since this ones a sohc. Didn't dig into the crankcase but replaced every gasket from the crankcase up, cleaned the pistons, cam case, and timed the cam. Now I just need to setup the valves and points.

deadknees:
my little '75 cb125 cafe racer. fresh powdercoat all around. chinese 180cc engine with GP shifting (kind of awkward) very much a work in progress. plate mount needs to be sorted out. new exhaust, removing the center stand, button up the electrics, and different bars. I hate the clubman bars.

powell:
my sportster 1200 has gp style style shifting and ive grown to love it i cant imagine going back to 1 down 4 or 5 up after getting use to it.

monteryroom:
Aesop Rock - Having rode a cruiser for a couple years, here's some thoughts. I'm swapping mine tomorrow (Honda Shadow Aero 750) for an older Honda CBR1000F as I don't like the foot forward riding position and lazy engine. If you do get a sportster or similar, get one with mid controls, not forward, I'm pretty sure my kidneys have been taking a hammering, plus there's no way to 'stand up' over bumps. I'd go with a Japanese bike with some sporting potential. Something like a Suzuki SV650/1000, Honda VFR.
''

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version