The Street > The Lounge

General election

<< < (3/24) > >>

pegs:
first time I've paid any attention to politics...it just pisses me off. enough to actually vote!

Allah:

--- Quote from: Kinchy on April 26, 2015, 05:23:36 AM ---Hoping for a Labour/SNP coalition as Labour aren't going to get a majority.

--- End quote ---

Same.

As for Thatcher, large swathes of the country do hate her but it was a while ago.

The three main parties have largely been operating under an economic neo-liberal consensus since the '80s. When Blair became Labour leader he dropped Clause IV, the part of the Labour constitution which basically referred to its aim to redistribute of wealth. A lot of genuine lefties (who almost universally despise Thatcher) find it very difficult to identify with the current Labour party, mainly because of its move to the centre. 

Hank Chinaski:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on April 26, 2015, 01:59:29 AM ---I have no idea who I'd vote for next year. The GOP candidates are fucking morons and Clinton is a crooked bitch.

--- End quote ---

I feel the same way.  Hillary is more of the same in the worse sense of the phrase.  I don't like these political dynasties, they're all so tied into the corporate side, the money, backroom deals, etc.  I can't think of one thing Hillary has done in recent times that went against the grain or made me think she's anything more than another puppet.

ginger:
Fuck the Tory bastards, they're in power here and every institution we hold dear in this country is being dismantled policy by policy.

streetStreet:
Steven Harper can kiss my black ass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version