The Street > The Lounge

General election

<< < (22/24) > >>

MEAT:

--- Quote from: medusa.cascade on May 11, 2015, 04:00:55 AM ---The NHS is one the best and most cost effective healthcare systems in the world. Fuck anyone who wants to "restructure" it.

--- End quote ---

The frontline of it is no doubt, but the management side of it certainly isnt, a mess of talentless executives on 6 figure salaries, squandering their budgets due to poor planning/decisions, while waiting for their lottery win pensions to mature.

Im not putting any particular political spin on this and i sure as hell dont want it privatised, im just saying it could be run much more efficiently.

LukeTom:

--- Quote from: MEAT on May 12, 2015, 07:00:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: medusa.cascade on May 11, 2015, 04:00:55 AM ---The NHS is one the best and most cost effective healthcare systems in the world. Fuck anyone who wants to "restructure" it.

--- End quote ---

The frontline of it is no doubt, but the management side of it certainly isnt, a mess of talentless executives on 6 figure salaries, squandering their budgets due to poor planning/decisions, while waiting for their lottery win pensions to mature.
--- End quote ---

Totally agree.

On another note, Farage has now come back, I thought we got rid of that fucker

Kinchy:
Votes Tory, calls Farage a fucker. Basically the same thing

Kinchy:

--- Quote from: MEAT on May 12, 2015, 07:00:06 AM ---

Im not putting any particular political spin on this and i sure as hell dont want it privatised, im just saying it could be run much more efficiently.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry, but that is pure shut.

I've worked with the NHS and my experience is that it is full of intelligent people being paid a wage they deserve, working over the expectations to improve services across the board for ungrateful cunts, whilst repeatedly having funds removed and being asked to cut corners whilst providing a better service than the year before. And that goes for both front line and managerial.

Sorry meat, you're funny occasionally but as far as I can gather you're a podgy graphic designer with no fucking clue about the NHS

MEAT:
Haha you cunt.

Most of my family has/does work for the nhs,  a few of my mates are Dr's and tomorrow I'll be spending most of the day stuck in a room with a bunch of miserable surgeons (drawing them the prettiest pictures with my crayons), the general consensus agrees with what ive said above. There are examples of stupid money wasting in every dept, the sort of thing that would never be allowed to happen in the regular corporate world.

Besides,  I think I remember hearing the average nhs executive salary is in the region of 180k? One of my mates (in a 'failing' hospital) was moaning his boss had received a 15% payrise this year on top of that too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version